Do you lower your bump stops?

KTM300

Reaction score
Installing a 4.5" PMF lift on my '08 F-350. Trevor doesn't include front bump stop drops, so I ordered some from Carli. How many of you lower your bump stops with a 4.5" kit? Why do none of the kits lower the rear bump stops? I don't understand why they lower the fronts and not the rears.

KTM300

Reaction score
Duh, so rear suspension travel stays the same. I am surprised Carli doesn't lower the bump stops since they use the mini spring pack above the block, which would allow longer travel and the possibility of a larger tire hitting the bed.

sootie

Reaction score
i think you've over thought it. if you want bump stops just get blocks that have them. or if you got traction bars with your lift you can get them added to them

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Carli has drops for when your using the full leaf packs since they don't use blocks. But the bump stops all depends on the shocks. If the factory location for the bump stops with the add a pack still bottom out before the shocks it doesn't matter.

KTM300

Reaction score
I did buy my traction blocks with bump stop tangs, so I am good to go.

On the Carli setup the shocks may handle the extra travel, but if you put bigger tires on and the axle can travel up into the fender well as far as it did from the factory you are asking for munched box sides.

NotStock

Reaction score
The biggest problem we have run into is the vast difference in tire/wheel/shock options that customers end up running. To make it right, it should be adjustable, imo. Which we are working on at the moment.

Highroller54

Reaction score
The biggest problem we have run into is the vast difference in tire/wheel/shock options that customers end up running. To make it right, it should be adjustable, imo. Which we are working on at the moment.

Awesome! I have 7"s and no bump stops lol. Need some though

Latest posts

Members online