Does the tire pressure light go away?

taterthedog

Reaction score
My tire pressure light has been on for a year. There are only 2 rims with sensors on the truck. One more in the box, and the spare underneath. Everyday I press the button on the cluster to get rid of the tire pressure warning message. This evening it didn't come on. It proved out then stayed off. Could my truck be finally realizing that I don't care?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I think this is funny because my truck did the same thing for almost 10 months and one day it just went off! And the bulb isn't blown either but it just went off one morning and hasn't come back on.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Mines been on for over a year. Drives me F'in crazy. H&S is the only aftermarket tuner with capabilities of turning the sensors off.

Hammer Down

Reaction score
mine would stay off for days and then when i would go on a trip out of town the light would come on and after the truck sat overnight would turn back off. H&S took care of that problem.

Atsah

Reaction score
I had the dealer reprogram it so that it doesn't come on unless tire pressure goes below 60PSI.. There is no sensor on the spare..

taterthedog

Reaction score
Where in Canada are you?

I can turn it off for you if you're local or willing to travel.

I'm in SW Ontario.

Me? I'm in Labrador. It's off now anyway. I got access to local dealer's IDS if I need it. Didn't know you could turn it off though. I haven't worked for Ford in 6 years. PM me with specifics if you don't mind. I'm interested in how to do it, even though I may never do it. Thanks.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ya what's the secret with the IDS? I've been clearing my tire message since I bought the truck in 08. If there's a way to get rid of this I would love to hear about it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mine has been on since 2009, I took the cluster out and used a sharpie to paint in the area that lights up. Barely see the ink in direct sunlight, but works wonders. Did that too with the ABS light. LOL

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I'm curious how this works too. I have a mini maxx but too cheap to spend the $70 to buy the TPS module. If I borrowed a TPS module from someone would the changes stick even if I reload my tuner? If so anyone want to loan me theirs?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
70.00 is cheap as hell to get this damn light to stay off. I will call someone from H&S this week to get some info.

Frank_C

Reaction score
Please let us know what you find out. My new tires(420's) are almost at their max pressure of 50psi and mine is still on. It's driving me crazy lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.