doin some mods

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
getting ready to do some pretty big mods this weekend and was just kinda wondering for the average wrench how long would it take to install a set of injectors, valve springs,and a walbro fuel pump. i will have help from my buddy and all tools to do the job correctly thanks in advance for ur help:toast:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Exactly, take your time and check things over, then check things over again! I've rushed an injector install before and missed some important things. not worth hurrying!

moose99psd

Reaction score
ive seen the effects of a buddy helping an injector install and missing an injector torque down... bye bye motor.. double check your buddy, that way no matter what you are responsible.. just explain that so he doesnt get butthurt or something. its just not worth the headache

Arisley

Reaction score
ive seen the effects of a buddy helping an injector install and missing an injector torque down... bye bye motor.. double check your buddy, that way no matter what you are responsible.. just explain that so he doesnt get butthurt or something. its just not worth the headache

:whs:

A friend of mine helped on mine. He is a damn good mechanic. However, I did all of the installs. Not that I don't trust him completely, it's just the way it is.

sidwaz

Reaction score
Good luck I started same mods this weekend but with the addition of head studs as well. So far I have about 8 hours into it and have only completed the drivers side. The up-pipe collector clamp took me about 1 1/2 hours to get off. I had to remove the exhaust outlet and re-seal it because it was leaking with my pac-brake on.

Last edited:

BlueScab

Reaction score

I'm the buddy thats helping. We triple checked everything. Truck runs great, and I'm shure he'll be on here later to give the full report on how the install went. :evil:rockon::ford:

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
yea install all went pretty good took us a little longer than 8 hours being it was our first time and those keepers on the springs are a little bit of a pain in the ass but thanks to the special tool a fellow member on another forum made himself and hooked us up with they were really no sweat and injectors went in pretty good also. best part of the whole thing was got it fired up let it sit and idle for a good solid 30 45 min while cleaning up the shop took it out for a drive all was good brough it back buddy says lets go ride the trucks around for a few just around the block, so i go sure why not so i follow him for a few he decides he needs fuel we stop at the station little punk i know rolls by in his 2500 cummins "Rolling Coal" like a badass lol so me and my buddy roll outa the pumps lol he didnt get any fuel and i straight dusted the dodge's ass goin down the 4 lane towards home lol i could wave at him out my back glass .. so yea needless to say i loves my new found horse powers lol

Latest posts

Members online