Donaldson Blue 6637 air filter, better flow and filtration

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Went to install mine today and I need to Make a new intake pipe. Thing is huge... Off to the scrap pile I go.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Also received mine. Need to replace my ****ty dry amsoil one
I had a amsoil dry filter on my dually.. it too dusted my intake.. amsoil dry filters are or where made by donaldson. im guessing that it is the same media.. but a chit ton more surface area. should be better..
Went to install mine today and I need to Make a new intake pipe. Thing is huge... Off to the scrap pile I go.
is it bigger the 4" like the normal 6637/donaldson?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

dmd

Reaction score
I ran this style to a long time, they work great. In front of a 38r they are pretty
noisy. Went to a S&B cold air dry filter with some noise baffling in the fender well, so much
more quiet in the cab.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I know it has been a while. Has anyone been able to find any sort of part number? I would like to buy from my local guy

rusty1161

Reaction score
I know it has been a while. Has anyone been able to find any sort of part number? I would like to buy from my local guy

IMG_1101_zps3fzevdp2.jpg

I'm not sure if I posted this before. I hope it helps.

Rusty

yogr

Reaction score
Since this part is unique to riff raff, does anybody have any idea as to what is different from the Donaldson 6637 filter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Since this part is unique to riff raff, does anybody have any idea as to what is different from the Donaldson 6637 filter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It appears to be donaldsons new blue media but in their B085011 housing

According to Donaldson........

Donaldson Blue® air filters with Ultra-Web® nanofiber technology protect engines by providing better initial and overall efficiency compared to conventional cellulose media. We invented air filters for heavy-duty diesel engines over 100 years ago and were the first to develop nanofiber air filter media for the diesel engines, with more than 20 years of proven performance.

Applications
On-road trucks
Off-road trucks and equipment
Benefits
Longer Engine Life - Donaldson Blue™ air filters provided better engine protection by allowing much less contaminant to pass through than cellulose air filters
Longer Filter Life - Smaller interfiber spaces of Ultra-Web® nanofiber technology hold more submicron contaminant than conventional filters with cellulose media, delivering longer filter life
Available Media Type
Ultra-Web® Nanofiber Technology -- Exclusively in Donaldson Blue air filters
Engineered to perform in extreme temperature and humidity conditions, unlike ordinary nanofibers
Proven in the real world – used in diesel engines for nearly two decades
On-highway trucks are guaranteed to go twice the distance compared to standard cellulose filters

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I know this is not exactly scientific, but despite the size of the 6637, i find that i can pull down a factory filter replacement gauge with a new clean filter and even a new big k&n.
I anyone willing to run a back to back test of a few filters reading the restriction with a manometer??

Reaction score
BTW, 6637 is not a Donaldson # and Donaldson and NAPA are not the same quality. And by the book we are pulling way more air through these than rated for. Have you seen the size of the Donaldson blue powercore on a Freightliner or F750 with a 6.7 Cummins?

There are a lot of options out there now in filters that are blue and have more flow. Just need to find time to get a catalog and do some looking. The one I mentioned for Freightliner is promising.

CASHFLO

Reaction score
I have been running one for about 2 months now I was using the AFE Big Boost before but it got a hole wore in it from the factory battery box ( have a diff battery tray now ) so far I haven't had any problems with it. The flow is supposedly better than the regular 6637 but I wouldn't know first hand because I never ran one.

I had same problem with my Big Boost. I super glued the holes. What battery tray are you using? Im still getting holes on the prefilters.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I know this is not exactly scientific, but despite the size of the 6637, i find that i can pull down a factory filter replacement gauge with a new clean filter and even a new big k&n.
I anyone willing to run a back to back test of a few filters reading the restriction with a manometer??

Where is your filter minder? If in the end of the filter, that is your problem. it has to be inline(between filter and hose)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
BTW, 6637 is not a Donaldson # and Donaldson and NAPA are not the same quality. And by the book we are pulling way more air through these than rated for. Have you seen the size of the Donaldson blue powercore on a Freightliner or F750 with a 6.7 Cummins?

There are a lot of options out there now in filters that are blue and have more flow. Just need to find time to get a catalog and do some looking. The one I mentioned for Freightliner is promising.
correct. they are just slang terms now.

and like i have said before.. the donaldson paper filter is the only filter swamps uses when tuning a 7.3 on their engine dyno and have made over 800hp with it. so the flow numbers dont matter. if you are worried about it then add a second one like i did many years ago but it isnt needed.. or switch to the bigger 2790 filter only the donaldson version. that is what is on my 7.3s and what i have ran in my 6.7 since it went on jenny Craig almost 70k miles ago.
Where is your filter minder? If in the end of the filter, that is your problem. it has to be inline(between filter and hose)
it pulls the filter minder easier in the tube vs the end of the filter. it wont solve anything.. just toss the minder out.. lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk