donaldson/wix/napa/bhaf air filter (6637) diy

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im guessing that the name brand covers do stop some dust, and i'm sure these won't stop much dust at all... just keeps the big sh!t out...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its a 4'' mandrel bent 45* exhaust pipe and i used another chunk of 4'' and contoured the end to fit to the 45*. you will have to cut the 45* shorter on one end and buy a boot to go from the 4'' pipe to the hard plastic 4'' tube where the ccv is routed into, unless you delete the ccv you can run the 4'' exhaust into the end of the intake on the turbo... and i have no idea what all the lengths are... start long and trim it down till everything fits snug... hope that helps!

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Most international truck dealers or any big rig shops will have them. They are in the 30-40 range. First one I did I made the mistake and bought one from Napa with my "discount" it was like 60-70 bucks

Not that it matters but was it a lot louder running dual filters

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Don't recall if you have already mentioned it, but do you know if any parts stores carry them?
most wix/napa filters are the donaldson filters...if the dealer that has one that's wix/napa then open it up to look at it and 99% of the time it will have the donaldson filter number on it and say duralite on a square sticker on the side of the filter...
Most international truck dealers or any big rig shops will have them. They are in the 30-40 range. First one I did I made the mistake and bought one from Napa with my "discount" it was like 60-70 bucks

Not that it matters but was it a lot louder running dual filters
yes! almost to the point where its anoying on long cross country trips...

some of our vendors sell the donaldson filters too... everyone who has the actual tymar intake gets these filters..

goodie85

Reaction score
I got a rubber one that is nice and small its like 5" long and 4" diameter and I mocked everything up tonight so its complete and will bolt on tomorrow :toast::toast: (I painted the pipes so I figured I'd just let it cure over night in the booth) Can't wait to see what a difference it makes in spool ups compared to stock. All I'm after with it is lower egt's by a couple *'s and quick spool ups.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got a rubber one that is nice and small its like 5" long and 4" diameter and I mocked everything up tonight so its complete and will bolt on tomorrow :toast::toast: (I painted the pipes so I figured I'd just let it cure over night in the booth) Can't wait to see what a difference it makes in spool ups compared to stock. All I'm after with it is lower egt's by a couple *'s and quick spool ups.
if you have the zoodad mod and you had the stock air box in you should see at least a 50* drop in egts by switching to these filters at cruising speeds. what are the rest of your mods?
Post some pics when you're done

:whs:

goodie85

Reaction score
all I have for mods before this is exhaust(just deleted cat and muffler) chitty glowshift gauges, diablo chip(looking into DI's custom tunes) and a built trans. I'm really just getting started with doing mods but it does get used for pulling alot so if I get some injectors I want low EGT's and my pics will be uploaded tonight, gotta go to a bunch of graduations today :doh:

Latest posts

Members online