Doom and gloom

John bolt

Reaction score
So I think if I had read the doom and gloom I would still be driving a GM. My 08 6.4 has only 62k miles and is like show room but it sure makes me nervous even though I have had 0 problems? But seriously I see a million of them around here are they as bad as it sounds?

ncollins64

Reaction score
It's luck of the draw and also your driving habits. Tuned and deleted and drove right they can last a while but if you dog the piss out of it 24/7 it may not last too long at all. Just my .02

Stroked777

Reaction score
Like ncollins said. They are luck of the draw. Some stock bottom ends live at 800hp with no issues and some trucks don't last more than 500 miles on a tuner. It's basically luck lol
I beat my truck all day long, I drag race it and I have done a number of sled pulls and I never had a issue. And since I studded it I have no worries. I'm actually making a 2000 miles trip hauling a trailer with my truck and I'm not even worried about anything on the truck. Just keep up on maintenance with them. I have my truck since 53k and tuned and deleted it with in the first tank of fuel, then studded it at 75k and now I'm at 114k.

maack

Reaction score
they are great trucks when they run right but i have had lots of issues with mine. unless you are planning on studding and removing the egr and dpf get rid of it and get a 6.7f. with that said, i refuse to get rid of mine. 165k on it and haul a 10k box trailer nearly every day. hauled a 30' with motorcycles in it back and forth from nh to daytona beach four times issue free.

08stroker350

Reaction score
My 6.4 powerstroke has 200,000KM on it. Deleted everything about 50,000KM ago(egr +dpf). No issues at all. Very tough truck. I drive it all day and it runs for about 14 hours a day.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I got a 265,000 mile job 3 F-250 runs great other than the leaking oil seal on the VGT turbo. Very little blow by CCT comes back great every time I also got a job 2 F-350 DRW towboss almost at 90K and beat on it daily/tow I DD on the spartan 310 runs great also no blow at all. Keep up on your mantaince and it'll last a very long time.

Latest posts

Members online