Door Hinge Pins and strikers

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
What is the general consensus of Dorman hinge pins and strickers vs OEM striker and Total Auto hinge pins? The price difference is substantial.

Doorman
Pins: $6
Striker: $11

OEM Striker is $20 from Autonation Ford
total auto hinge pins kit is $35

I tend to shy away from dorman products whenever possible as the lower price normally reflects lower quality. The total auto hinge pins are USA made from stainless with commercial bronze bushings, and the pin is secured in the hinge with a stainless ny-lock nut, vs a E-clip on the dorman. I'm not sure of the composition of the pin or bushing in the dorman kit.

I know the quality is better but is it worth ~$40 per door? Anyone have any experience with either?

mustube

Reaction score
I put a Dorman kit on my sisters obs the other day, and I'm not impressed. Maybe hers was more worn out than the kit was designed to compensate for but the door still sags when you open it. The pin looks like a grade 8 bolt and the bushings are some kind of bronze alloy that is kinda soft and cracks easily.

needen$77

Reaction score
I used the strikers and they are crap. I had to modify to make them work. The wear material was to soft and it mushroomed when they tightened down

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
I used the strikers and they are crap. I had to modify to make them work. The wear material was to soft and it mushroomed when they tightened down

So you would recommend springing for the OEM ford ones?

needen$77

Reaction score
Yes i have had no luck with Dorman which suck because its so readily available

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.