Door panels

NDsuperduty

Reaction score
Will newer model door panels, say 2013, fit on the doors of my 2005? Or would it require modification? The cab itself looks similar on all years of superduty so I wasn't sure.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
A lot of the interior changed and I am pretty sure they wont fit, but thats really just my best guess. Even if the door panel swapped out, i doubt the connectors for the new window switches are the same, same for the mirror control's, etc.

scparrish

Reaction score
I bet that they fit with very little adjusting. 08-10 door panels and switches can very easily be made to work like factory.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Where they meet up to the dash might give you problems, but the door shells are the same so theoretically it should work.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
If one took the time to de-pin the connectors it's easy to make connectors/switches work. You would need to study the wiring diagrams to make sure the old harness supplies the same inputs. OR you find aftermarket connectors that will hold the same number of wires.

I found some Deutsch connectors for a project and they worked great. Something like I used is linked below.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00121515...kw={keyword}&gclid=CO6B-dyD5rgCFY2Z4AodlysAWA

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I believe there have been a few people who have done this swap, il look back and try to find some pictures. I believe IIRC the issues are where the panel hits the dash when the door is closed, and possible some of the mounting screws may be different. If you search around im sure you could find the thread where they were switched.

scparrish

Reaction score
well it looks like the pictures aren't up any longer. I will reach out to him and see if I can get these pictures and get the how back together

scparrish

Reaction score
there are some pinouts that are farther into that thread. the originals are gone but they were just hand drawn pictures I drew.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Do you know what the bulb number is for the 08 lights in the panels?
And is the main harness In the front door the work if you replace it with the 08 harness because in that picture I have one and the plug is identical.

scparrish

Reaction score
We just swapped pin positioning on the drivers side and made it work I don't know why you would replace the whole harness

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I just want to do it to make it more clean and not spliced up everywhere. I know it's a waste of money but at least it's a lot easier to hook up. That I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.