Door panels

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I also did it so I can hook up the tweeters on the 08 sail panels and the back door panels the ones I got include them. Which I'm excited to see

Whitezotti

Reaction score
How did you hook up the Pfm relay? Did you hook it up to your current fuse panel? And I know there's a empty spot for one. But do you wire it to there?

william_ace

Reaction score
I put some 2013 door panels in my 04. They don't fit perfect, but I think it looks pretty good. I have not messed with the drivers door harness yet, so that doesn't work, but the rest just plugged in. Mine are also only XLT panels so I don't have any of the lights that you do.

Last edited:

Bigred91

Reaction score
We have a truck in the shop now that's an 04 with the 08 king ranch seats and door panels. They fit but it's hard to open the doors from the inside because the handle is really close to the door panel since they are thicker than older door panels

scparrish

Reaction score
Where the door panel meets the dash if you use a heat gun you can slightly change the panel so it doesn't touch the dash. Other than that the fitment seemed factory and all the switches worked as they should.

You shouldn't have to splice you just move the pins around to the new position.

I have no idea if the newer harness will work or not that will have to be trial and error.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I have the harness just waiting to get my truck back to look of they match. How
Do they not fit right the panels? Are they a little high? I've heard people taking .5 of an inch washers to pop the handle out so the door panel slides right In. And goes down. I know the 08 and up panels look more flush at the top. So far the harness is right that I have except it doesn't have the power fold button. So the guy at ford is ordering new ones so I Can exchange them. But I hope they have the wire for the tweeters. Because I'm planing on hooking up the 08 tweeters to. I already have the sail panels and the door panels with the tweeters and the harness to connect them. I also just ordered the Pfm harness. Luckily my mirrors came with the Pfm relay. The cool part about the harness if it works is the non wiring and lazyness I can contribute . Since I'm not a very good electrician. That why I don't have to wire the lock assembly's on both sides. The tweeters . And the mirror fold and extend and the mirror harness it self. I just have to do the Pfm relay harness. And I gotta adjust the handles so the door panels fit right. And maybe still some holes to hold the extra screws that the new panels have. I also have all the 08 plastics . I'm really excited. I'm basically doing the whole interior conversion. Except for the seats. The 08 seats look identical to the 05 and 07 seats. Except they don't say lariat on them. And they have a line of stitching down the middle of the seat. And the head rest part and the bottom leather part. And same with the back seat. It would almost be a waste to get new seats. Then I would have to change the Lester color because I have the medium pebble not the camel tan :( . But I have the covers for the seats. The plastic covers and panels for that. I hope I can just screw on the new one and not have to buy the whole base and track system of the seat. But I have the 08 handle grips. 08 scuff plates / guards. And I've painted them all. And the panels . The sail panels. The 08 handles. And the 08 center console which I've done that conversion already in my other red truck. And it was easy! My new one is medium pebble like I said so I painted the panels on the console and I had the leather on the lid already reupholstered and sent back. And installed on the console . So I'm guessing I have the first medium pebble 08 center console .

Latest posts

Members online