Down on power and shifting higher?

Armybyrd

Reaction score
This weekend I had to make a 2000 mile trip half of which was pulling a mustang on a featherlite. My 6.4 just has the *** removed with ******** tunes and I used the tow tune for the trip. Anyways the whole trip was fine except the last 20 miles or so the truck felt noticeably down on power and shifting from 2-3 would take longer and would shift at around 3-4k, also at lower rpms there was a slight sound.
After I dropped the car off the truck was back to normal. Do these trucks come with transmission coolers? I think it just got hot as it was around 90 degrees.

Last edited:

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Yes, they have transmission coolers.

The transmission will shift at higher RPM when the engine is down on power. Something is wrong with the engine. Fix that and the trans will shift right again.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Yes, they have transmission coolers.

The transmission will shift at higher RPM when the engine is down on power. Something is wrong with the engine. Fix that and the trans will shift right again.

Ok well the truck was back to normal once the car was off the trailer and everything seems fine now so Im hoping everything is alright.

djr4x4

Reaction score
Setup to watch your fuel rail pressure on the screen and see what it's doing while accelerating

Sent from my DL718M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online