Downpipe

ryanss22

Reaction score
if u have a buddy in a body shop he should have one.. if not a 5-10 lb hammer and the 2x4 on end will get it done also good luck and dont get to frustrated, it will go in

d7es3l

Reaction score
if u have a buddy in a body shop he should have one.. if not a 5-10 lb hammer and the 2x4 on end will get it done also good luck and dont get to frustrated, it will go in

I am assuming I place the 2x4 against the flap and smack the chit out of it with the hammer? Haha

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Use a metal baseball bat as a pry bar, give the firewall a nice round area for the dp

ryanss22

Reaction score
not the block directly, place a peice of wood side ways against the head and battery tray, or what ever it hits against. its been a while since i did mine. yes smack the hell outa the wood, and the baseball bat for rounding it all out is a great idea

old man dave

Reaction score
1 piece downpipes are for SDs, the two piece ones are for the OBS. Using stainless band clamps for all of the joints works best. Available from NAPA.

Cut the pinch weld seam in the area to be bent, this makes it easier to bend the flange. Some people use a scissors jack to apply pressure against the flange with good results if you don't have a duckbill porta-power.

d7es3l

Reaction score
After the downpipe, what is needed to go to 4" piping? It is mandatory for a cat in my state (CO) so I would need piping that is compatible with the cat. is stock exhaust 3.5"? What are benefits of moving from 3.5" to 4"?

ryanss22

Reaction score
check and make sure they plug in trucks this old... even here in NY i dont need a cat in my 96 truck. to go to 4" just go buy a 3"-4" adaptor from most auto parts store's

d7es3l

Reaction score
check and make sure they plug in trucks this old... even here in NY i dont need a cat in my 96 truck. to go to 4" just go buy a 3"-4" adaptor from most auto parts store's

Nah I definitely need it, I double checked with my local smog testers. It's alright though, I gut the cat! I just don't want clamp on stuff I like welding it together! Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online