DP Tuner F6

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After some extensive research, reading tons of reviews, and speaking with James at DP, I decided to go with the F6. I plan on keeping a log on the progress of the truck once it is installed. I will be measuring overall engine performance, and MPG increase or decrease. I will be staying on the 80e tune.

I'll keep everyone updated and give some thoughts about the tune. I know a lot of people have this setup and tune, but I noticed so much bashing in other threads and I just want to keep this one clean and to the point.

Updates will be coming soon...

:fordoval:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thanks Justin. Let me know if you need some trial tunes for testing.

Jody

No problem Jody. I look forward to seeing what your tuner and tunes can really do. I have heard great things about them, so I am just going to try and document that.

Oh and BTW, I emailed you back Jody.

Thanks again for the great customer service!

skylinedan

Reaction score
I,m interested too see how this works out as well. I,ve got a F-5 now and I have been thinking of going to a F-6 or Ts type. I really would like too see if theres some new more up to date tunes for my currant setup this is an older chip, goes back to before the 80e scandal.

Dan

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I,m interested too see how this works out as well. I,ve got a F-5 now and I have been thinking of going to a F-6 or Ts type. I really would like too see if theres some new more up to date tunes for my currant setup this is an older chip, goes back to before the 80e scandal.

Dan

What is this 80e scandal you speak of?

SeeYa

Reaction score

Dan

Jody 's tunes stay current due to live tuning. If your tunes are over one year old your tunes are many revisions behind. We have offered free tunes updates since 2008 at no charge to our customers if you want to send your chip in to be updated.

Diane

skylinedan

Reaction score
That would be cool Diane, I,ll have to get your address and send it too you in the next week or so. May have to talk to Jody about the current tuneing and give him some input on things Id like to change if he can. Thanks again for the reply back.

Dan

SeeYa

Reaction score
That would be cool Diane, I,ll have to get your address and send it too you in the next week or so. May have to talk to Jody about the current tuneing and give him some input on things Id like to change if he can. Thanks again for the reply back.

Dan

Absolutely. Just a heads up, we are in Tn after Wednesday for RRE. If it cones in whi we ate gone it wont ship until August 1st.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Absolutely. Just a heads up, we are in Tn after Wednesday for RRE. If it cones in whi we ate gone it wont ship until August 1st.

Ok, I,ll wait till the first before I send it. I,m gonna be pulling it off the road for atleast 2 weeks for a major make over so if it works out, it really wont matter. it just needs to lot drive at that point in and out of the shop.

Dan

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Okay.

Here is my starting point.

I have measured fuel economy for the past month to see where I am at before the tuner.

I try fill up every time I hit the half tank area. It is less of a burden on the eyes, and the truck seems to get better fuel mileage.

I drive a mix between highway and city. Probably 30% highway and 70% city.

The First Fill Up: 210.9 miles on 13.82 gallons. Avg. fuel economy is 15.26 mpg.

The Second Fill Up: 272.4 miles to 18.33 gallons. Avg. fuel economy is 14.86 mpg.

This leaves a monthly average of 15.03 mpg.

For the next month I will leave the tuner on 80e to see if there is an increase or decrease. I will drive with the same habits as last month.

SeeYa

Reaction score
LoL, I said that , then thought oh hell. I dont want to scare anyone, us old bastards on here know and I,m quite sure that problem was taken care of.

Dan

Problem? If there was a problem your engine would have grenaded shortly after installing it. Lol

The only thing that history proved was there wasn't an issue.

Diane

apollyon9515

Reaction score
DP and the crew are nice to work with, dont think youll have any issues with their support.... I think i talked to james for several hours on several occasions about issues i was having with my truck(not dp related, doughnut leak and few other things), would have been worth the $ i spent just on being able to have them on the phone hah.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
DP and the crew are nice to work with, dont think youll have any issues with their support.... I think i talked to james for several hours on several occasions about issues i was having with my truck(not dp related, doughnut leak and few other things), would have been worth the $ i spent just on being able to have them on the phone hah.

I am very pleased with it so far. I will keep this thread updated when the mpg numbers get figured out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.