DP Tuner F6

Southmike

Reaction score
Finds it hard not to coment on the not a problem at all,
Seems like tunes were changed for a reason and more then one truck poped at what would seem to be lower levels then expected.

I am not saying it was or wasnt the 80e tune, cause at the time that was the chip to have.

Seems like it has only gotten better with the options the f6 has.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have the first round of numbers for fuel economy.

My work/school schedule changed so my driving did also.

These numbers came from 90% city driving, and 10% highway.

The tuner was primarily in the 80e setting, and it was only switched to 120r one time for less than 1 minute of drive time.

First Fill Up With DP: 217.4 miles on 13.79 gallons. Avg. fuel economy is 15.8 mpg

I am currently working on the second fill up.

As you can see there is not a huge gain in fuel economy, but driving the truck is 100% better. Faster, stronger, and better shifts.

I did not baby the truck at all. In fact, I drove it harder than usual. So in reality I probably could have gotten better mileage.

I will keep this thread updated as time goes by.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Never chip a truck expecting MPG gains... You will be disapointed every time.

I never stated I was looking for MPG increase. I merely stated that I was going to see if there was any. I'm sure with good driving habits someone could get significantly better mileage. This is, of course, after making sure the truck is set up to get good mileage(tire pres., warm engine, etc.)

Southmike

Reaction score
I heard a statment once.....so true

If your getting good milage your not having fun.
Course that was ten years ago, but the guy had a big block truck with a massive tunnel ram and other goodies.

Latest posts

Members online