Dp-Tuner Problems

Reaction score
And like I said I have seen a couple people with the same setup with different tunes and they are almost smokeless!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yes I just bought a hydra with gearhead tunes and they are on there way here now. And I haven't yet but I figured that because it doesn't get very hot then I don't have boost leaks.

That doesn't mean you don't have any leaks...

You need to pressurize the system and check.

Reaction score
Alright I will check it out. Thanks!! Where is the common leaks on these things?? My up pipes aren't leaking I have checked them.

Jomax

Reaction score
Plenums, map sensor, intercooler boots.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
To all the guys saying it's the stock turbo. I disagree. I have stock turbo on my tow rig with 238/100s. And I can make the truck smoke free. Even on a 3.5ms tune it's not bad at all.

Then again. It couldn't be Jody. He's a tuning wizard :rollseyes

Petro

Reaction score
For all you dip****s saying the stock charger is the problem, This is why you go with a good Tuner. I'm guessing the OP told his tuner he has a stock charger since he had his chip reburned for the larger injectors. The TUNER should pull back fuel to make it almost smoke free. This is the beauty of an electronically controlled engine. Now with all that aside, I'm not saying there isn't a boost leak or some mechanical problem BUT just because it has a stock charger doesn't mean it shouldn't run clean with bigger injectors. Hell you could make 400/400s run clean with a stock turbo if so desired.

Reaction score
Ya I was thinking the same thing. I am getting gearhead tunes by the end of today. And I will let you guys know how it turns out.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I'm running 400/200 with a van turbo with ww2,gearhead tunes, smoke free on the street. On the dyno or hooked to the sled it's not so smoke free lol

old96stroker

Reaction score
These kind of threads piss me off, OP why didn't you just call Jody to start with? Any time I have had a question I called him (that was years ago though) and he was more than willing to help me. Then several in here cut his business down and basically say you should have went with anybody but dp-tuner. Real nice, rant over.

Reaction score
These kind of threads piss me off, OP why didn't you just call Jody to start with? Any time I have had a question I called him (that was years ago though) and he was more than willing to help me. Then several in here cut his business down and basically say you should have went with anybody but dp-tuner. Real nice, rant over.

Agreed. No need to bash the mans business.

Reaction score
I have talked to him. It took awhile for him to reply to my emails and I just want impressed that's all I'm saying. Not bashing just wasn't impressed.

Jomax

Reaction score
To all the guys saying it's the stock turbo. I disagree. I have stock turbo on my tow rig with 238/100s. And I can make the truck smoke free. Even on a 3.5ms tune it's not bad at all.

Then again. It couldn't be Jody. He's a tuning wizard :rollseyes

Im running jodys tunes with an early 99 turbo, 15 degree hpop with 250/100s, smokeless. Unless floored from a stop, even then, less then a stock chipped Truck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
OP, how long have you honestly tried to resolve this issue?

Im another that gets chapped when a tuner whine thread pops up and they've not even had a chance to look closely at what's going on. T

That said, run your injectors on no chip and tell us how they run.

Reaction score
Well I was just asking if anyone had the same issue. I just took the opportunity to buy a hydra with gearhead tunes on it. And I ran the truck without the tunes for alittle while waiting for my chip to be reburned and it ran alright.

Layson

Reaction score
Did joe tell you to post this thread up?

Normally when people have a tuning issue they call up the tuner.

Reaction score
No no one told me to put this thread up. I have talked to injector builder. Tuners and local friends. All say tuning problems. Just was wondering!!

Latest posts

Members online