dp vs ts on 7.3

tocker5691

Reaction score
looking to do some upgrades on my 95 stroke. fuel system with regulated return. new hpop, and possible bigger turbo for a twin for the rebuilt stock charger. also putting in an intercooler from an early 99 truck and need suggestions/input on what ppl have experienced with the dp tuners compared to TS, i have a ts in it now and am very happy with it. but ive been told dp has better tuning, im not sure if i want to spend all kinds of $$ if the ts is capable of being reburnt and run just as well as a dp. gimme watcha got!!!:grouphug:

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
What injectors do you have to feed twins?

plus custom tuning will always be better then what comes standard on a ts chip

Btw you posted in the wrong section.

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You can have your TS chip sent to a vendor and they can burn custom tunes on it.

Just a few Ive delt with and like
Matt @ Gearhead
Jonathan @ Swamps
Cale @ Tyrant

Just to name a few.

DP is limited to using only DP tunes. Which is ok if you like your DP tunes, but if you wanna try others your hooped.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Id go with the ts, I like being able to try differant peoples tunes, because all trucks react differantly t everyones custom tunes. If more people would try differant tuners they would learn that they may like one tuner but the truck can run better with someone elses

tocker5691

Reaction score
@countryboyrob i have stage two's in it now and they seem to put plenty of fuel into it without any aftermarket fueling systems on it. i dont run the ts on level 4 very often but once in a while ill light it up in town just to make someone mad, but im hoping with fueling upgrades they will be able to spool the bigger charger at the top end for a 5-10 psi gain, not looking for a whole lot more pressure just more air flow period.

as far as staying with the ts, thats what id like to do i just wasnt sure who does any kind of work on them but ill look into the names dieselboy put out. preciate that btw.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Broke it down for the reply....

tocker5691 said:
and possible bigger turbo for a twin for the rebuilt stock charger.

The stock charger won't handle a compound setup. The thrust bearing won't take the abuse & you will be rebuilding it all the time. 10/1 a properly sized single will do everything you need & then some.

tocker5691 said:
also putting in an intercooler from an early 99 truck

That's a great intercooler that will handle anything you will throw at it.

tocker5691 said:
and need suggestions/input on what ppl have experienced with the dp tuners compared to TS, i have a ts in it now and am very happy with it. but ive been told dp has better tuning, im not sure if i want to spend all kinds of $$ if the ts is capable of being reburnt and run just as well as a dp

If you already have a TS chip I would check in with a few vendors & then make a decision & who to reburn it. Some tuners are better at Superdutys & some are better at OBSs. Talk to a few & do some reading before you pull the trigger.

tocker5691

Reaction score
well the chargers not completely stock just stock dimensions, ball bearing turbo with a "wicked wheel" waht size charger does ne one recommend?? that will put up to the abuse??
i def need to get in touch with some ppl cuz i think id like to stick with the ts and just get it reburnt just need to find the right person for the job.

97powerstroke

Reaction score
A modded h2e or a gqssb turbo set-up would be a match for your injectors. Wide open performance, beans, or swamps would be a couple good places to check out for a turbo set-up. There are plenty more places you just have to shop around and ask questions.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
well the chargers not completely stock just stock dimensions, ball bearing turbo with a "wicked wheel" waht size charger does ne one recommend?? that will put up to the abuse??

So you have a 38r or some custom hybrid turbo no one has ever heard of? :confused:

A 38r will work but you will need to have a wastegate setup on it. Here's a link to a good thread on gates on a 38r- Gate discussion

95-SimpsonOBS

Reaction score
A DP Tuner restricts you to Jody @ DPs tunes, going with a TS chip with custom tunes allows for more options, Tony Wildman, Tyrant, Swamps, Beans, DI ect. Anyone of them that you go with you will be very impressed with. From what I have learned 7.3 custom tuning is far enough along that everyone is a "tuning guru" so you shouldnt be disappointed in anyone that you go with. It will all come down to your personal preference nad who you like to work with

Latest posts

Members online