DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

Diesel23

Reaction score
SweeT !! Loving it Erik , really coming along , badazz will be rooting for you buddy !!! Good Luck

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Where did you get your bearings coated?? and what did you coat them with. What are the key benefits to doing it? That is the route I would like to go to.

Thanks very sweet build!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Where did you get your bearings coated?? and what did you coat them with. What are the key benefits to doing it? That is the route I would like to go to.

Thanks very sweet build!

To be honest not sure.... I hate sounding like a dumb ass in my own thread. Wait I got it, teflon. LOL. You will have to get a hold of Wayne or Elite to get more info. They are coated to help them last longer and wear better. Not sure if it actually reduces friction.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so, didn't godzilla have something like this, once upon a time?

are we kinda modeling this after that, with some minor changes from things learned?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

are we kinda modeling this after that, with some minor changes from things learned?

godzilla has a pile of parts. thats about it. i need a better job.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
To be honest not sure.... I hate sounding like a dumb ass in my own thread. Wait I got it, teflon. LOL. You will have to get a hold of Wayne or Elite to get more info. They are coated to help them last longer and wear better. Not sure if it actually reduces friction.

Sounds good! thanks!!

Erikclaw

Reaction score

To be honest yes it is. Mike took it by the horns last year and unfortunately didn't make it. I am riding the coat tails of what worked and what didn't, but his was a bigger version of what I am doing.
That green monster will be breathing fire again!

B585Ford

Reaction score
To be honest I think the new bumpers are lighter than the stockers, but I could be wrong. But there isn't much of a difference. I hope that trans holds the abuse it is about to see, but that is why I have a great team. In case she goes boom. :poke:

Thanks for the support guys, but to be honest I feel way more pressure to get it done this year. That is what drove this build and the extent it went to. To be honest I didn't realize how berzerker I went. LOL Posting the pics makes me think wtf am I thinking??

But like the title of the thread: going for broke; one way or another. :jawdrop:

To be honest most of this stuff was added on throughout the year, it is for sure one way to go nuts. LOL

I could see what you are saying about the pressure this year....but I would approach like you did last yr (which seemed to work out pretty well I might add). Regardless of what happens this year, you have already done something no one else ever has...you would won the DPC in a Ford... so enjoy it and of course, GOOD LUCK!!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I could see what you are saying about the pressure this year....but I would approach like you did last yr (which seemed to work out pretty well I might add). Regardless of what happens this year, you have already done something no one else ever has...you would won the DPC in a Ford... so enjoy it and of course, GOOD LUCK!!!

he didnt approach it anyway last year. IMO the reason it was so successful. oh and unreal trailer skills.

B585Ford

Reaction score
he didnt approach it anyway last year. IMO the reason it was so successful. oh and unreal trailer skills.

That's what I was trying to say...you just said it better. I remember the pre-contest interviews and he said he didn't have a chance "against the big boys". Obviously, this year is different cause we know that isn't the case, but trying to keep as close to that mind-set as possible may be helpful...and IMO, he doesn't have to prove anything, he has already done that.

Latest posts

Members online