driver side caliper locking up

needen$77

Reaction score
A little history, i have a 97 cclb and 2 years ago the driver side caliper was locking up so bad i wouldn't let anyone else drive it. i changed out both sides (also rebuilt the bearings) and it felt like a new truck. In the past few months it started locking up again. not near as bad but it seems like it's getting worse. i did fully drained out all the old fluid. so my question is what else could it be. i have been thinking of pulling the lines and shooting it out with brake clean and trying again. i haven't looked but i would guess there is a splitter up front and wonder if it's clogged or bad. the only thing left i thought of replacing is the master just to have a new one. any thoughts?

also what have you found to correctly adjust the rear drums

thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Just replace the rubber lines.
There's a method to adjust the rears. I used to jack each side up and tighten until I felt slight resistance.
But now the self adjusters (which never work anyways) are gone, so I have to tighten them about every couple weeks. So I just do it by feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

needen$77

Reaction score
Thank you much I will try that and also I haven't thought about adjusting the back brakes that often that would be a good idea

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.