Drop in Batmowheel for stock turbos

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm sure you would benefit in the spool up department and egts, not so much power like you said. Stock sticks are pushed to the limit with custom tuning correct?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I'm sure you would benefit in the spool up department and egts, not so much power like you said. Stock sticks are pushed to the limit with custom tuning correct?

Ya that's what I figured. And yes even on xstreet the stock turbo cleans up stock sticks to a light haze but if this wheel can clean them up completely with lower egts and better spoolup it sounds like it would be a nice mod. The idea of clean, cooler power sounds nice to me especially for towing. So even if the gains are small power wise it still sounds benificial.

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ya that's what I figured. And yes even on xstreet the stock turbo cleans up stock sticks to a light haze but if this wheel can clean them up completely with lower egts and better spoolup it sounds like it would be a nice mod. The idea of clean, cooler power sounds nice to me especially for towing. So even if the gains are small power wise it still sounds benificial.

Definitely could be a great alternative

strokin6L

Reaction score
those are awesome results Craig! Can't wait to hear what the powermax does with this wheel. How long did it take to change the wheel once you had the turbo removed from the truck? Is there a torque spec for the nut. I never changed a wheel before...just curious is all.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Takes a couple minutes you only have to pull the compressor housing off
Torque is 15 ftlbs

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Hey craig do you guys have any results or ideas of gains on stock sticks?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Gotcha. I should've looked more at my two spare VGT's before i posted and seemed like an idiot...haha. For some reason i was thinking that there was a big V-band clamp holding it on like how the turbine housing is and then the cover bolting to that.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Torque meter was broke and wasn't reading today but I'm sure it's as good if not better than the stock batmowheel
Egts cooled down 175 degrees and boost went up 5 psi on this truck

Mike B

Reaction score
Its my truck there testing on I know it made 515 hp dont about boost or torque pick the truck up tomorrow will find out when i see craig.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
He has a very odd injector not sure what brand they are and they smoke terrible if we put some newer 190s in it the power would be slot higher

really? well I just happen to have a "name brand" set of 190's and a powermax and I'm more than willing to do some additional testing for you guys :naughty:

Latest posts

Members online