Drop in mileage.

TARM

Reaction score
I am glad you are not taking the fun poke and jabs as well as the helpful data as attacks on you as they are not. Just trying to help you work thus your issue and some of have some fun.

I would just trying doing another run being careful to be accurate and see what you get. The more times you do it and are careful the more accurate a picture of your real fuel usage you will get.

zilla68

Reaction score
We won't also include the fact that the low fuel light can swing wildly based on how much fuel is actually left when it trips.

What follows in not directed toward anyone in particular just general info that is my opinion:

Look doing mpg testing is a bit more time consuming then just rough estimating factors that can make it quick and easy. Diesel fuel foams terribly when pumped thru a nozzle so you can never use when the pump cut off goes off or when foam meets the tank mouth. That can cause variations of 3-6 gals from my experience depending on tank size and configuration.

The way to do it somewhat accurately is to first fill up and take your time until you can actually see liquid diesel right to the tank tube's mouth or a point in the neck that can visibly seen. It can not be foam. You now have a rather consistent starting and reference point. This eliminates pump cut out variations etc. Also it needs to be on flat ground or you would need to fill up at the same station and pump in the same orientation at the end.

Now you simply drive until you have gotten enough miles to make it reasonable. Fill up the tank to that point again and compute the mpg from odometer and tank fill up difference. If you choose to rough guesstimate it and get mpg that are outside the generally accepted norms expect people to be skeptical as how can you even be sure.

That is the only way I know of to get consistently accurate mpg usage.

is there any way to reduce the amount of foam in the tank when refueling? That crap drives me crazy.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
made two 100 mile trips. First one filled all the way to the top I made 15.1

Second one I took my filter off, cleaned it ( sink was a mud pit) ran it again and got 18.7. I will fill it up and probably do it again to make sure...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

TARM

Reaction score
Make two trips without changing anything and see what the standard deviation is.

Latest posts

Members online