Dt360 upgrades

02BigD

Reaction score
Anyone have a clutch guy. Needing to go from dt360 to 1.75 10 spline ( my es42-5d has a cracked case) I picked up a reman spicer 6453 and am wanting a dual disk clutch setup for it. Think I can piece one together but thought someone may have a good lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked with Carson Stauffer?

ken6881

Reaction score
Have you checked with Carson Stauffer?

Not yet
It shouldn't be to big of a deal as long as the flywheel for a dt360 is a standard big truck bolt circle if it is the input spline and size is a standard big truck size.

ken6881

Reaction score
Can anyone school me on liner protrusion. Deck to bottom of counter bore is .356
The first step of the liner is .352 and then the next step is .398. None of these seem to get me the proper .003-.004 measurement so do I measure to the first or second step on the liner ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457049517.228781.jpg

ken6881

Reaction score
Yes but it sits down in the hole .004 not protrude out .004

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ok. Just thought maybe there was a brain fart somewhere. Haha. I didn't think cylinder sleeves were supposed to protrude, but didn't think they should be sunk in either. Thought they should be even with the top.

ken6881

Reaction score
The spec I found from international was .003-.004 protruding. Which There's two steps on the liner one sunken .004 other sticking out .042.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You ordered from a supplier at your work right? Maybe give them a ring on the phone.

There should be a lip on the bottom of your cylinder ready for the sleeve and then the outside step on your sleeve sits on that lip in the cylinder and the inside step on your sleeve goes past and should be even with the bottom of the cylinder. Sounds like the sleeve is
.008 too short. Are they all that length?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Anything you need to know about dt360 for a build, let me know. I've been pioneering performance for them for a while now. Jimdawg has my first dt360. That one was built for 900+ HP daily driving/heavy tow in mind. I'm currently working on a 444 stroker kit for one. Don't waste your money on Carson, Colt or scheid. All of which are over priced. I know much better

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
Anything you need to know about dt360 for a build, let me know. I've been pioneering performance for them for a while now. Jimdawg has my first dt360. That one was built for 900+ HP daily driving/heavy tow in mind. I'm currently working on a 444 stroker kit for one. Don't waste your money on Carson, Colt or scheid. All of which are over priced. I know much better

Did your old project run before you sold it? Is that the truck with the Cummins in it now?

Last edited:

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yes, it ran. Truck with the Cummins is my other truck. Sold the DT to get my daily going, I'll be starting on my next DT maybe next year. Probably start gathering parts late this summer into winter. Already have a line on the crank

ja_cain

Reaction score
Yes, it ran. Truck with the Cummins is my other truck. Sold the DT to get my daily going, I'll be starting on my next DT maybe next year. Probably start gathering parts late this summer into winter. Already have a line on the crank

Good stuff! Are you planning on trying to recover some of the lost rod to stroke ratio by running custom pistons (higher pin hight) with the right rod? Also, are you getting all of your displacement bump just from the stroke increase? I can not wait to see what you have up your sleeve and how much block modification it's going to take.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yes, it will take custom pistons. The compression height will shorter. I'll be gaining my displacement by offset grinding an ag crank .500 and by boring the sleeves .145! From what I've gathered, no block work necessary. I will be running a girdle and custom rods as well

ja_cain

Reaction score
Yes, it will take custom pistons. The compression height will shorter. I'll be gaining my displacement by offset grinding an ag crank .500 and by boring the sleeves .145! From what I've gathered, no block work necessary. I will be running a girdle and custom rods as well
Awesome man! I built a 391 stroker by offset grinding a 400 crank and running 327 small journal rods. I can't wait to see this build.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Message psduser1. I think he has a clutch source/brand that is different than valair and sb. I think gwunter posted a different brand clutch for his 4bt too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
i have the same clutch guy as psduser1. Dan at clutch dynamics in michigan is a good dude!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jimdawg185

Reaction score
He didn't. But it was an Alison he had behind it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Probably for the best, I don't think a zf would be happy there for long.
would never stay cool enough. thats a LOT of tq for it to handle. they are VERY stout for 300ft but would never last on the street.. hrt said the stock internals are good to near 800hp but that is on the pulling track..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online