DTC issue

etnies69924

Reaction score
correct me if im wrong but i dont think i have seen this on here yet. i have an 01 7.3, thew a P1670. batterys are good (12v just static test on dash batt gauge was in red) cleared code, now batt gauge reads normal. when i turn the key to ON, all gauges come on, still with key on engine off the dash looks as if i turned the key off and turned it back on again. when i turn the key to start it, it acts as if the batterys are dead ( no crank, battery gauge reads normal). i think it could be a broken circuit between the IDM relay and the PCM relay...has anyone ever seen this? any help would be great thank you:thumbsup:

JLDickmon

Reaction score
P1670 is an IDM/PCM communication code.. not going to have anything to do with batteries/starter, but could indicate trouble in the wiring harness that MIGHT.

etnies69924

Reaction score
thank you guys for your input! i posted this on the org. and no one has answered me yet. the starter is only 6 months old. how do you test the prongs on the plug for the IDM, do you know? do you know anything of this? im going to go crazy under the hood with my multimeter in a little while, seeing what other tips i could get before i start

etnies69924

Reaction score
i figured out the problem. i ignored charging the batteries because i got to excited about trying to test relays and do electrical stuff. i learned a few things from it so why not. i charged the batteries over night and the truck started no problem. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online