DTC P026A w aftermarket intercooler

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Has anyone had a P026a code(charge air cooler below threshold)code?I have a aftermarket intercooler.PIP tunes,they can turn the sensor off,but for what I spent on the intercooler I shouldn't be going thru this.I get it every time I'm pulling a grade,(not driving it hard either)I don't want to knock a Sponsor of this Forum.I just find it hard to believe that the DTC only is triggered "on" after the intercooler is asked to do its job .....Live and learn.Now I figured why there is no test results of product compared to stock intercooler charge air temps

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Did you consider the possibility of the sensor failing?

Also check the fluid level of your secondary cooling system

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did you consider the possibility of the sensor failing?

Also check the fluid level of your secondary cooling system
Fluid is full.I will try to pu a sensor thursday.I would love for that to be the fix!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone had a P026a code(charge air cooler below threshold)code?I have a aftermarket intercooler.PIP tunes,they can turn the sensor off,but for what I spent on the intercooler I shouldn't be going thru this.I get it every time I'm pulling a grade,(not driving it hard either)I don't want to knock a Sponsor of this Forum.I just find it hard to believe that the DTC only is triggered "on" after the intercooler is asked to do its job .....Live and learn.Now I figured why there is no test results of product compared to stock intercooler charge air temps

feel free to call the shop tomorrow and we can work out a return. there are at least 50 units out there now and not one other with that code. and when it says BELOW threshold , its not hot enough. honestly it sounds like a sensor to me.

referring to charge air temps has NOTHING to do with what you're experiencing. im sorry you arent happy , but everybody else seems to be as i have had no complaints, only positive reviews so far.

JSJ4613

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
feel free to call the shop tomorrow and we can work out a return. there are at least 50 units out there now and not one other with that code. and when it says BELOW threshold , its not hot enough. honestly it sounds like a sensor to me.

referring to charge air temps has NOTHING to do with what you're experiencing. im sorry you arent happy , but everybody else seems to be as i have had no complaints, only positive reviews so far.
TY for the return offer.I''l try to change sensor thursday.I don't want to return it.Thanks for your help!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
For future reference I would try calling said vender first, the reason you see so many good reviews on most of the sponsors on here is due to their good customer service. They don't just sell you something and disappear on you.

Hope you get it figured out

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
If it is your post IC air temps, and they are lower than what the PCM would expect when climbing a grade that's a great thing. I'm not sure the logic that the computer uses but with other vehicles they look at the pre/post temps and if they vary too much the PCM assumes there is a leak or a sensor error. In our case we are hoping for a big pre/post temp difference when pulling a grade so it might be a good thing.

Can you monitor the PID and see what it looks like?

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Ive had this code twice once after I ****** my truck and I had a small coolent leak .. And after I got my intercooler and it was low coolent on that one so I topped it back off and had PSE remove the code and all is good now

Latest posts

Members online