DTC questions

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So, driving my wifes truck on the interstate, it's a 2006, bone stock.

Seems to have a tune on it, but we've never tuned it in the 20k + we've had it. Bought it that way.

I was on the interstate for maybe an hour, hour and a half, and slowed down for road construction. Leaving the road construction, we were going up a hill, and I rolled into it to get back to speed, maybe 75% throttle.

Truck cut out, came back, cut out again, and came back. Fractions of a second between all this.

Wife informs me that it did this exact same thing to her, on a trip over the mountains between GA and Chattanooga TN. Can't remember the name of that pass there...

We arrived at our destination, shut the truck down, did our thing.

The way back home, same construction, another uphill exit from the construction zone goin the other direction.

Stabbed it strait to about 75% throttle, and it repeated the mornings on/off/on/off. This time I noticed in the mirror that it puffed a little black each time it did it.

So... Hooked it up and scanned for codes. Found nothing that pertained, IMHO.

P1000: I unhooked the batteries, unplugged the ECM, hooked both plugs back up at the same time. Code remained. Let the truck sit for an hour, code is gone.

P1876: 2WD Tcase solenoid, or something... 4WD works fine.

P2614/2617: CMP/CPK output circuit open. Truck runs fine so... ?

P0148: Looks like this is one of those codes that often pops when the CMP/CKP codes pop.

Did a KOER test, got some cruise control codes. Cruise works fine...

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So, why does a truck that runs perfect, cut out and come right back, when going uphill?

We live in semi hilly country, and the truck has never given her the same show on any of the hills around here. Seems to like doing it out on the interstate.

Truck just went over 100k, we bought it with 70something on it. It's had Schaeffer 9000 in it since we've owned it.

FPR started leaking, so my wife put a blue spring kit on it, as it was cheaper than the ford parts.

She told me that one morning this last winter, the truck sounded like hell on the first start of the day. Like something was "binding/grinding in the engine, and broke free."

So she shut it off and checked the oil, and found bits of plastic on the dipstick. She took it to the dealer, as it had a dealer warranty, and they "found nothing in the oil" after letting it sit an hour, and taking a sample from the pan drain plug...

So... No stiction that I can tell.

ICP looks ok driving down the road.

ECT and EOT remain within 10* or so, and EOT comes right back down to match ECT after the load on the engine decreases.

duddy

Reaction score
I had do something like that and the ficm died, I do not know a lot about 6.0s tho. Some one should be around tonight that could probably help you better.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
FICM is pretty steady at 48.5-47.5, I thought that was normal.

Latest posts

Members online