What do yall think

20120520_185456.jpg

20120520_185527.jpg

All complete
20120520_222902.jpg

20120520_222840.jpg

goodie85

Reaction score
Yea the other mods are waiting on money, and id say for 80 bucks the hell not do two, compared to 60, for a single, I'm seeing average 70* degrees lower egts compared to just one as well

goodie85

Reaction score
I ran just one for a day running tests zero to sixty and zero to eighty then added the second and seen average 70* lower, just to clarify I did tests, also I have the zoodad mod done so I'm assuming that's why is lower

ToMang07

Reaction score
Neat! If I ever get a big snail on there I may look into something like that. :toast:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hey that looks familiar! Looks good man!

That is just a plate on top and not a full box right?

never mind, i looked on my comp and saw that its just a plate...

and to everyone else, i have ran the same tests many many times and have had the dual filters on my truck for over a year... but i did this with the two donaldson filters a couple weeks ago... its way better this way then with pretty much any cone/high flow filters... and not a stitch of dust in the intake now... quicker spool ups and lower egt's... just as goodie is stating.

Last edited:

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
I've begun to become a skeptic of the 6637 lately. Mostly for CFMs. Its rated lower than the stock filter, and the loud hissing noise we all are familiar with sounds to me like air being sucked through a restriction.

This dual 6637 would increase CFMs so that would make me a happy camper, but I am thinking about an AIS personally.

But this is pretty neat. I like things that are unique and done just to be unique.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've begun to become a skeptic of the 6637 lately. Mostly for CFMs. Its rated lower than the stock filter, and the loud hissing noise we all are familiar with sounds to me like air being sucked through a restriction.

This dual 6637 would increase CFMs so that would make me a happy camper, but I am thinking about an AIS personally.

But this is pretty neat. I like things that are unique and done just to be unique.
Just so you know, johnathan(bdptuner) at beans took a nasty dirty 6637 and dynoed a truck with it and made 400hp. he then removed the 6637 and dynoed again and ran the same exact numbers... just because the cfm rating scares you as it did me in the begining doesnt mean that the volume of the filter wont be enough... yes i thought the same thing at first then wasted money on numerous cone filters that dusted my intake and started to shine my compressor wheel, i switched back to donaldsons... i have a post on here also about the two bhaf that i did a few weeks ago that goodie got the idea for this.... he is seeimg the same benifits as i did even though one of these filters are good enough for a 7.3, two is better... and yes i like uniqueness myself but if everyone with a 7.3 can benefit from it, why not share it with the world as i did... btw with a 38r you cant hear that sucking noise.

Last edited:

goodie85

Reaction score
Yea, I'm so glad Lincoln shared this because if I ever had another 7.3 id do this setup again, extremely pleased with results

Latest posts

Members online