Dual Fueler Dual Alternator ?

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
So for the guys with factory dual alternators that might want to go Dual Fuelers in the near future going to run into issues? Looks like one will be in the way? Anyone had this issue before?

Here's my truck

r2rejl.jpg

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Just get rid of the one alternator and find an alternator that puts out enough Amps to run by itself then your dual fueler pump mounts where the top alternator used to sit

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
Pretty sure you'll get a battery light getting rid of one if the altranators.
I think you can turn it off with IDS?
Hopefully someone else will chime in.

True, id imagine that the truck will sense a low voltage signal. Wish there was other mounting options for the pump. But seeing how crammed together things are under the hood makes add ons like a pump near impossible

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
Is the industrial injection dragonfire HPFP still unreliable? Im really not looking to make 1,000+ hp or run BIG nozzles. Just need a tad bit more fuel for future mods

f350guy

Reaction score
Same problem I have, oh well. Just means I will be on single pump, stock nozzles and hopefully low to mid 600s when I upgrade my turbochargers just running a hot street tune. :)

Black AOD

Reaction score
Is the industrial injection dragonfire HPFP still unreliable? Im really not looking to make 1,000+ hp or run BIG nozzles. Just need a tad bit more fuel for future mods

DONT. Just Don't. It's NOT worth the risk of destroying a pump and trashing a new nice fuel system.

IIRC SADP Dual Fueler is designed to work with Dual Alternators however you have to remove your factory main and do some sort of different dual setup.

Last edited:

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
Well Damn :( looked at pics of the Elite and Midwest fueler setups and both look like they would interfere with the 2 alternators. Couldn't find pics of a SADP setup

sootie

Reaction score
why not just lose the second alternator?? its as simple as a tiny jumper wire to get rid of the battery light...

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
To be honest I don't remember mine even throwing a CEL when I first started it to see if everything was working properly, but if it does do what sootie said.

timj

Reaction score
What are your current and end goals with the truck? Some nice clean noticeable power increase is available with a turbo (s) upgrade and still retain stock injector nozzles and hpfp. Any nozzle increase 30% and up will require dual pumps. Or the single dragonflow can keep up with 60% nozzles tops but as stated they are known to be not worth the $$ due to reliability with the exception of the very first ones made back in '09 ish which have been good.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea the kit I bought had a harness that went to the new alternator that eliminated any issues of having a battery light. You should be fine just getting rid of one of the alternators. If I recall correctly the secondary only puts out like 5 less amps... It's been a while though since I've looked into it

08Powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Im still debating on how far I want to go with this truck as far as mods. Im more less thinking ahead seeing what my options were and if anyone has run into issues with dual fuelers with the 2 alternator setup.

That side action setup looks sweet! So you say that I can just take off one alternator and run the pump in its location and all is good?

Latest posts

Members online