Dual fueler

Redrider8293

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the h&s kit for my truck and I know I will have to remove my second alternator and I was just curious about that is the truck going to throw any codes or will getting proper tuning get rid of that anyone who's done it to there truck that had dual alternators I'd appreciate hearing from ya

Thanks Tyler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
let me know if i can help you with the dual fuelers :) id have to ask bentley what is needed, but may probaly be answered here. mine only had one alt.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have no hands on experience with either myself, but Zane did say that the truck can be setup to operate as a single alt truck. Maybe he will chime in

The secondary alternator can be removed to run the dual pump system, and also using MCC can be calibrated into the ecm as a single alternator.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
from zane-

you need the secondary water pump from a single alternator truck because the mounting for the secondary pump has the bracket on it , so you need that. i believe it's $100 from ford. easy to change. then just run the proper calibration from h&s for the dual fuelers. done.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
The reason for the secondary water pump change... The mounting location for the secondary alternator interfere with the pump. You can buy the whole assembly from the Ford dealer, or online. Very easy and cheap to change.

Attachments

• 6.7 water pump.jpg
    6.7 water pump.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 124

powerstroke22

Reaction score
My '11 was dual alternator, like everyone said water pump needs to be changed and on mine I had to move the drivers side idler pulley down to the lower postion

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
You may also need to take the wiring harness that goes to the second alternator and jumper the two wires together, this will rid your dash of the battery light.

Also, if you get any codes, just let us know and we can build you a custom calibration to fix any issues when going from dual to single alternators.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You may also need to take the wiring harness that goes to the second alternator and jumper the two wires together, this will rid your dash of the battery light.

Also, if you get any codes, just let us know and we can build you a custom calibration to fix any issues when going from dual to single alternators.

shoosh.

Jesse_01

Reaction score

Which two wires? There is a Red, White & yellow/green stripe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.