Dual fueler

Redrider8293

Reaction score
My kit from H&S showed up in the mail today and was just curious as to how much of a pain in the arse it was to install I know before I even start I have to get a new water pump in just curious Thanks Tyler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you have dual alternators? if not its pretty simple. hardest part is pulling the fan.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
:whs:

For once, Mike is correct.... weird, right?

If you do have dual alternators, then YES, you will need a new water pump. You may also need a custom tuning file from us and to jumper a wire on the alternator harness that used to plug into your second alternator.

If you run into troubles, just shoot us an email or call and we will get you fixed up!

powerstroke22

Reaction score
My kit from H&S showed up in the mail today and was just curious as to how much of a pain in the arse it was to install I know before I even start I have to get a new water pump in just curious Thanks Tyler

If you need any help with anything give me a shout

MorganY

Reaction score
I've done a couple H&S DF kits thus far and have some info that may be helpful if you didn't know it already.

Check the pulley clearance on the bottom and inside of the pulley before you fire the truck up. The bolt used with the spacer threaded into the location of the secondary water pump mount may need to be replaced with a hex head style bolt that is not supplied with the kit. Note: Do not tighten the pulley down until the very end just before the belt goes on.

Also, when you mount the pump to the bracket, thread the high pressure line on the pump just before you mount the assembly on the truck for final reassembly. Make sure you already have the fitting in the rail already in and capped off so you minimize the fuel system exposure.

When you have the assembly mounted with all of the mounting bolts threaded in, hold the pump and gently move the assembly up and towards the drivers side as much as you can, then tighten it up. It's only a small amount, but I found it makes a big difference in clearance. Make sure the mounting bolts are tight (I torque to 24 ft/lbs), otherwise the pulley may contact the secondary water pump after some time on the truck from the belt load.

Good luck!

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
I've done a couple H&S DF kits thus far and have some info that may be helpful if you didn't know it already.

Check the pulley clearance on the bottom and inside of the pulley before you fire the truck up. The bolt used with the spacer threaded into the location of the secondary water pump mount may need to be replaced with a hex head style bolt that is not supplied with the kit. Note: Do not tighten the pulley down until the very end just before the belt goes on.

Also, when you mount the pump to the bracket, thread the high pressure line on the pump just before you mount the assembly on the truck for final reassembly. Make sure you already have the fitting in the rail already in and capped off so you minimize the fuel system exposure.

When you have the assembly mounted with all of the mounting bolts threaded in, hold the pump and gently move the assembly up and towards the drivers side as much as you can, then tighten it up. It's only a small amount, but I found it makes a big difference in clearance. Make sure the mounting bolts are tight (I torque to 24 ft/lbs), otherwise the pulley may contact the secondary water pump after some time on the truck from the belt load.

Good luck!

Awesome suggestions... Thank you very much!

Redrider8293

Reaction score
my one question now is where do I get the tuning from that will work with the fueler and the lack of alternator and the mpd kit

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
my one question now is where do I get the tuning from that will work with the fueler and the lack of alternator and the mpd kit

There are calibrations on our website that can be downloaded onto your H&S device.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
H&S calibrations do the trick, but my vote goes to Gearhead MCC

Latest posts

Members online