Dual IPR's rock

JD3020

Reaction score
Just kinda jumping in here since there doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of info out there on it, but is there any advantage to a quad feed on just an average truck?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Just kinda jumping in here since there doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of info out there on it, but is there any advantage to a quad feed on just an average truck?
How would you quad feed? You need four outputs. Which is an issue I have with big oil pumps that only have two feeds.

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
Is a dual IPR needed on the new stealth SRP1? Also can this problem cause a lack of power?

Can't speak to the SRP1. Stealth doesnt have standard dual IPR's until you get to a stage 3. Yes it can cause a lack of power. Read Charles posts in the thread I linked. He goes into detail just how the hot aerated oil causes problems.

JD3020

Reaction score
How would you quad feed? You need four outputs. Which is an issue I have with big oil pumps that only have two feeds.

Not sure about a big single but, after reading an old post on TDS i'm thinking about a set-up like Suns-PSD. Run dual IPR's and have a line going to each head from the gear pump. Just gotta get some other crap done, trans built(hardest and main decision right now), then i'm gonna start working on building a HPO system. Still have tiny injectors, but its a start.

Now i guess what i was getting at, is what about splitting the lines and feeding 4 ports instead of 2? I guess without building a pump(Stealth) with 4 output ports you can't really have a quad feed. Unless it'd somehow be possible to tap the HPOP for 2 more ports, although i know it can't be or somebody would be doing it. :shrug:

Really wish i had a junk pump to cut-up and see what they look like inside.

Big Bore

Reaction score
100_0558.jpg

woodduck97

Reaction score
Can't speak to the SRP1. Stealth doesnt have standard dual IPR's until you get to a stage 3. Yes it can cause a lack of power. Read Charles posts in the thread I linked. He goes into detail just how the hot aerated oil causes problems.

My problem is that my truck is slow with 300/200's and the SRP1 (running custom fuel sytem with A-1000). My injectors are opening at 2.5MS at WOT and just not doing much. Have 2850 ICP at 37% IPR. So I swapped chips with my buddy who has 250/200's. He is still running a 15* oil pump and holding 2400psi at 2.5 ms at 41% ipr. Also running a SD pump with stock lines and will walk the dog on me. So pretty much my question is what could be the fix to this? Dual ipr's? I can put his chip in mine which calls for 7ms and will admit smoke everywhere and go faster.

woodduck97

Reaction score
also after hard wot runs with the 2.5ms. I develope a miss under light throttle and clears. after about 2 minutes.

Big Bore

Reaction score
My problem is that my truck is slow with 300/200's and the SRP1 (running custom fuel sytem with A-1000). My injectors are opening at 2.5MS at WOT and just not doing much. Have 2850 ICP at 37% IPR. So I swapped chips with my buddy who has 250/200's. He is still running a 15* oil pump and holding 2400psi at 2.5 ms at 41% ipr. Also running a SD pump with stock lines and will walk the dog on me. So pretty much my question is what could be the fix to this? Dual ipr's? I can put his chip in mine which calls for 7ms and will admit smoke everywhere and go faster.

I think you've already narrowed it down to a possible tuning issue.

Big Bore

Reaction score
What should max PW be on a 300/200 though? and doesnt make sense that it runs better on a stock HPOP truck.

Go over to PSN and look at the 7.3 tech in the Library. A chart was posted on injector flow with regards to PW. I'm sure 4ms smokes like a bytch lol. I'm not a tuning expert, but I think there is a happy medium between the 2.5 and 4 for you. I really don't think your pumps are the problem. Dual IPR's are more for solving a driveablity issue. I doubt a dual IPR system can make any more power than a single on the same system, initially. However it can keep the power from fading after the oil gets trashed with air. You've already swapped chips and proven one makes more power.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Go over to PSN and look at the 7.3 tech in the Library. A chart was posted on injector flow with regards to PW. I'm sure 4ms smokes like a bytch lol. I'm not a tuning expert, but I think there is a happy medium between the 2.5 and 4 for you. I really don't think your pumps are the problem. Dual IPR's are more for solving a driveablity issue. I doubt a dual IPR system can make any more power than a single on the same system, initially. However it can keep the power from fading after the oil gets trashed with air. You've already swapped chips and proven one makes more power.
Ok I was just making sure this was not the problem with the truck. I am willing to put what it needs to make it right but looks like tuning is the fix and that is the same thing he told me last night. Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.