Dual stock lift pumps

RSK

Reaction score
A FASS is plenty reliable, and on any truck only requiring 10 psi of pressure it wouldn't be unreliable. The failures you hear about are on trucks that require 5-7 times that pressure.

i hear about plenty of failures on 6.4's. But you are correct more of the failure's I have heard about are on cummins which do require more fuel pressure.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've yet to hear of a FASS failure on a 6.4 and I've been personally running one for over 3 years issue free. Not to mention I've yet to get a warranty call for a FASS unit period since I've been in the diesel performance industry.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
A FASS is plenty reliable, and on any truck only requiring 10 psi of pressure it wouldn't be unreliable. The failures you hear about are on trucks that require 5-7 times that pressure.

Not that I'm as familiar with FASS as some on here. But I completely agree with you. What failures do the 6.4 set ups see compared to other set ups.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

capt dong

Reaction score
the known disadvantages of the 6.4 lpfp:

doesnt filter debris or water well.
tab breaks off.
seal tears and pours out fuel all around the tab.
expensive annoying to replace filters.
allows hpfp damage from the aforementioned reasons.

no way in the world i would want to double the problems and have added cost in filters. if i could do it again id go with fuel lab. nevertheless rather have an AD over the factory lpfp.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I've yet to hear of a FASS failure on a 6.4 and I've been personally running one for over 3 years issue free. Not to mention I've yet to get a warranty call for a FASS unit period since I've been in the diesel performance industry.

The Air Dog that's on my old truck has well over 100,000 miles on it with no issues. I never had an issue and the new owner hasn't had an issue.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
FWIW....If I wasn't trying something different and running a fuel lab 200gph Vortex pump...I'd be throwing a Fass on mine. Our local cummin's guy swears by fass and even on their Super Diesel and Super Street trucks they've had zero issues with theirs. I know the Super Diesel truck has a fass that has been passed around from multiple trucks. They're a local repair shop as well and have yet had a fass fail on them or make a warrenty claim via fass.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
FWIW....If I wasn't trying something different and running a fuel lab 200gph Vortex pump...I'd be throwing a Fass on mine. Our local cummin's guy swears by fass and even on their Super Diesel and Super Street trucks they've had zero issues with theirs. I know the Super Diesel truck has a fass that has been passed around from multiple trucks. They're a local repair shop as well and have yet had a fass fail on them or make a warrenty claim via fass.

Music to my ears my friend.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

Latest posts

Members online