duel hpop

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
When then 05 pumps fail it's a complete failure and usually sends metal everywhere. I've been hearing of both dieselsite and RCD failures. I don't know if it's just an isolated thing but obviously a failure that sends metal through your motor stands out

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah, but I wonder how many pumps DS and RCD put out? I know Ive heard a lot of RCD failures, but not DS failures. Anyone know how many pumps DS has put out with the new gear/keyed shaft modification?

The first one Ive heard of with metal failure is this one here. Supposedly Bob said it was the guys engine's fault, and not the pump. He inspected the usual area that the metal comes from and it didnt appear it was the case.

Id also assume if the pump started to fail, you would see bits of metal in the oil first. Then it would get worse and then completely fail?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Yeah, but I wonder how many pumps DS and RCD put out? I know Ive heard a lot of RCD failures, but not DS failures. Anyone know how many pumps DS has put out with the new gear/keyed shaft modification?

The first one Ive heard of with metal failure is this one here. Supposedly Bob said it was the guys engine's fault, and not the pump. He inspected the usual area that the metal comes from and it didnt appear it was the case.

Id also assume if the pump started to fail, you would see bits of metal in the oil first. Then it would get worse and then completely fail?

How many have you heard of and what are failing on the thumper pumps?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I know of two personally that have done this, but they could have addressed the issue

80c39d970a5f6e2571d8ca7dbaa97314.jpg

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Thumper failures was heard from MPD. When I did mine they said to think about another option, hence me going Diesel Site. They have seen a few failures and didn't feel right recommending it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I've heard an equal amount for both. But we're talking 5 or 6 that I've heard of. There could be 1000 working just fine, I hope that's the case because dual pumps isn't an option for me but I would like to step up from my 205's

Latest posts

Members online