Duel superduty pump duel system.

lengelhardt

Reaction score
Hey guys I just thought I'd show you guys how I did fuel system.
2f57e22ebf9d56a5526084e3c793e659.jpg

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Good question. I do not know chit about this set up. I'd like to get some info on what to buy and all that good stuff.

Jomax

Reaction score
Strictly diesel is about to come out with a kit like this. I'll tell you, it's slick.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lengelhardt

Reaction score
Haha its a joy figuring it all out but I finally got it together.
2 4790 filter housing from Napa.
I don't have the nubs for the filters right now but I can get them. And plumbing them I just used all brass fittings which was extremely expensive but I like the way it turned out. I was going to plumb it with copper lines but I ended up changing my mind.

mandkole

Reaction score
factory pumps are supposed to already have check valves on the output. I would most definitely use Strictly's relayed power supply (or one just like it) to feed them.

Jomax

Reaction score
Dennis uses check valves. Incase one takes a dump I believe. But not sure why he uses them. But do know, he uses them for a reason.

Arisley

Reaction score
Mine is homebuilt, without check valves.

I can remove the intake line from one pump and plug the line to the pre pump filter. Start the truck and it idles at 65 lbs. The open line is dripping from the pump. Therefore, I believe the stock pumps do have built in check valves.

I may be wrong, but that's what I found. I drove my truck for three months with one pump out. It ran fine and held pressure fine unless I really hit the throttle hard. In which case, the pressure would drop to about 50lbs. I believe that is more due to thirsty injectors than lack of check valves.

mandkole

Reaction score
Im not questioning what Dennis is doing, but Id read in a few places that the factory PSD Bosch pump has built in checks. Now whether or not the valves can withstand 60psi on them from the other pump, I don't know. If the fuelab breaks down early, I'll go to dual stockers also.

lengelhardt

Reaction score
I'll have about 550 bucks into it but I'm also putting in a beans sump and an aeromotive fully regulates return. That alone cost me 300 dollars in the regulator and sump.

79jasper

Reaction score
Strictly diesel is about to come out with a kit like this. I'll tell you, it's slick.

But how does it compare price wise to say a mark fuga kit/diy vs the ridiculously over priced fass/airdog/etc?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online