Dumb azz not paying attention destroyed my truck

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes. But they have already said rental max is $50/day. The SUV we finally rented on our own is $793/week. That's like two weeks. Body shop guy already said it's a minimum of a month to fix and that assumes the frame doesn't need replacement which is highly likely.

One month will turn into 2. Body shops suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
damn glad you had the hitch in...thats a pretty hefty impact.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
It doesn't look that bad, but at a bare minimum it's the
tailgate & linex
bed corners, jury rigged with bondo
bumper assy
receiver hitch
spare tire mounting
1 king shock is bent from the spare hitting it
exhaust is bent from the spare hitting it
and whatever is bent with the frame as it's showing damage

And that's just what I could see in the parking lot

Her car is totaled and it took two people with fire extinguishers to put out the flames. Ironic the guy w/ one fire extinguisher is smoking - lol.
glad your wife is ok,truck will be fixed.I wouldn't even lost sleep over that amount of damage.Different strokes for different folks!

Reaction score
You should be dealing with your insurance company and your lawyer. Let them go after the other party's insurance.

Exactly!!! That's exactly what I did, in the end progressive gave up a whole hell of alot more than they thought they would.. They think oh it's not a BMW like us execs drive so its just an ole farm truck.

cbf9703

Reaction score
damn glad you had the hitch in...thats a pretty hefty impact.
That's my thought... And the reason I always leave mine in. I've been rear-ended 4 times by idiots. Thankfully most have been sliding at a stoplight when it's wet or something small. It's definitely saved damage to the truck on numerous occasions.

OP, I'm also glad your wife is ok and hope things turn out the best they can given the situation. I don't envy you dealing with insurance companies or lawyers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brian22

Reaction score
That's my thought... And the reason I always leave mine in. I've been rear-ended 4 times by idiots. Thankfully most have been sliding at a stoplight when it's wet or something small. It's definitely saved damage to the truck on numerous occasions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I always keep mine in as well. It is my hit & run repellent. The receiver hitch will go right through a radiator and make sure they don't make it far.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Yup the hitch works good.
Photo013_zps37a98d96.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam the bad luck.. glad the wife is still doing good.. hope it gets worked out.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yup the hitch works good.
Photo013_zps37a98d96.jpg

That's not a 30mph rolling impact.

Personally friends with our local Trooper that worked a major accident identical to this one today. And sat 2 cars in line waiting for a directional officer to move traffic on the interstate about 5 miles from the house.

Explorer rear ended a semi traveling 40mph. She was doing 75mph. Semi truck had corporate GPS tracking. Explorer was driven a nurse with 2 other nurses on board.

Needless to say you cannot tell it's an Explorer anymore, except for the nameplate on the rear hatch.

However, every accident is different and will be interested in what the forensic evidence of the report says... if they take it that far.

I would agree to 10mph rolling collision.

On edit: I thought this was the pic of the car that hit tricktruck.... apparently not!!

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
tailgate & linex
bumper assy
receiver hitch
spare tire mounting

Her car is totaled and it took two people with fire extinguishers to put out the flames. Ironic the guy w/ one fire extinguisher is smoking - lol.

Wow... now that's a hefty rolling collision. I would venture to guess 25-30mph at best tho. Mainly because the car obviously lifted up the rear end of the truck....

The apparent small damage to your truck was simply from a wedge affect. If the truck sat 3 inches lower the bed and frame would have buckled!!! And the wife injury would have been far worse.

Yet another great reason for wife's to drive superduties!!

PDT1081

Reaction score
tailgate & linex
bumper assy
receiver hitch
spare tire mounting

If you're going to fix it, tell them no bondo on the bed. You can get a new take off bed for about what it would cost to patch one back together.
http://toledo.craigslist.org/pts/5937278997.html

Jonnydime

Reaction score
That's not a 30mph rolling impact.

On edit: I thought this was the pic of the car that hit tricktruck.... apparently not!!
Nope that is me posting a pic of the damage a hitch does to a car even in a low speed collision.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
They would be writing tickets to half the vehicles on the road here in Texas.
yeah no kidden.. michigan is the same.. I keep a tri ball in mine. flipped upside down. makes a nice step and protects the truck a lil bit if needed.. I have been hit in the hitch when in different trucks over the years and the ball hitches saved them from any damage.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I like my B&W tow and stow for the rear of the truck, doesn't stick out at all but still hangs down since I have a 7" drop. I figure its like an ICC bumper on the back of the semi. Shouldn't get a ticket with it either.