Duramax tuner

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You ever ran his stuff in your own truck? What about it made you not like it?

Nick is a very respected tuner and is hands down one of the best in the industry. He tunes alot of the top trucks in the country. Hopefully you can validate your statement with info other then "he sucks cause I heard from so and so"

me personally no, I've never owned a duramax. All my local friends had duramaxtuner ecm's until they had a ride in my brothers truck. I've driven plenty of trucks with nicks tuning and I dont want to get in a pissing match with anyone. A good friend of mines truck pops when reved shifting is sloppy. When you ask questions and them saying "nothing is wrong" and quits responding to calls is a red flag.

Not everyone has the same experience this I know, but have no problem voicing my opinion sending someone whos a better tuner (in my eyes) the business.

hope this clarifies some things for you... you couldn't pay me to run his tuning after what i've witnessed if i have a 6.6l .

FYI starlite diesel knows their way around efi live so i would be confident in them

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
me personally no, I've never owned a duramax. All my local friends had duramaxtuner ecm's until they had a ride in my brothers truck. I've driven plenty of trucks with nicks tuning and I dont want to get in a pissing match with anyone. A good friend of mines truck pops when reved shifting is sloppy. When you ask questions and them saying "nothing is wrong" and quits responding to calls is a red flag.

Not everyone has the same experience this I know, but have no problem voicing my opinion sending someone whos a better tuner (in my eyes) the business.

hope this clarifies some things for you... you couldn't pay me to run his tuning after what i've witnessed if i have a 6.6l .

FYI starlite diesel knows their way around efi live so i would be confident in them

Thank you for solidifying my previous post. People want to hear from those who have FIRST hand experience. Not a guy whose brother ran something one time that was better then so and so but there's no proof to back that up other then my mouth.

da94broncodude

Reaction score
How many trucks has he tuned? Any big name d max trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant even tell you, i know of at least 6 or 7 i know of that are just friends not counting his customers, his personal truck put down 657HP and 1184 Torque - uncorrected @ 4300 ft. elevation (gillete diesels dyno) and runs 12.0 consistently and another friend of mines put down 945hp with his tuning, hes gettin a pretty good rep

i woud say so lol went to sema with him and the owner/creator of efi live was there and knew him.. also he held a class for training on efi live at industrial injection a month or two back

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thank you for solidifying my previous post. People want to hear from those who have FIRST hand experience. Not a guy whose brother ran something one time that was better then so and so but there's no proof to back that up other then my mouth.

Hey man think what you want, you have no clue what i've experienced and Ill leave it at that. All I know is I wont run tunes built by pink slippers :thumbup:

DMAX

Reaction score
I do a little EFI live tuning, I wouldnt consider close to pro though, only local trucks. I have ran tunes by Rob Coddens, Nick@duramaxtuner and Guy@Socal. In my opinion all great tuners. I loved Robs the most and he always has great customer service. Nick and Guy's was a very close second though!! I would be happy with any of theirs. I would go with an Edge Evo CS/CTS or PPE or ATS E-power (same module, different tuning) PPE tunes are nice, Timing and Torque injection and throttle injection tables are alot smoother than say diablosport and quadzilla

05chevy

Reaction score
I personally run diesel addiction tuning. He has great customer service and tuning is awesome. He has tuned my truck to run 12.35@108 on stock turbo injectors and cp3. I first sent my ecm to him he tuned it. After I built the trans he emails me tunes and they are great. Tony has good tunes but u will pay twice as much then anyone else tunes. Rob's tuning is great but from a few buddys I know that have his tuning unless you are a big named racer he customer service is poor. I have heard good things about.nick too. Just go efi live u won't regret it

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I do a little EFI live tuning, I wouldnt consider close to pro though, only local trucks. I have ran tunes by Rob Coddens, Nick@duramaxtuner and Guy@Socal. In my opinion all great tuners. I loved Robs the most and he always has great customer service. Nick and Guy's was a very close second though!! I would be happy with any of theirs. I would go with an Edge Evo CS/CTS or PPE or ATS E-power (same module, different tuning) PPE tunes are nice, Timing and Torque injection and throttle injection tables are alot smoother than say diablosport and quadzilla

thanks. that's the post I'm looking for.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
what PPE are we recommending for stock trans. standard, hot, or hot+2... like i said he just needs it to tow and for MPG's.. and i want it to be safe.

DMAX

Reaction score
If he doesnt ever plan on going any further than towing and MPG I would recommend the standard. If he ever wants to go any further and get a built trans I would say It would be time to sell the standard and go with EFI live, for a much more quality tune at half the price!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
If he doesnt ever plan on going any further than towing and MPG I would recommend the standard. If he ever wants to go any further and get a built trans I would say It would be time to sell the standard and go with EFI live, for a much more quality tune at half the price!

great answer! thanks. i highly doubt he'll go farther. but if he does get serious about performance we'll def go to EFI

F250stroker08

Reaction score
If he doesnt have acces to a computer and just wants MPG and towing capabilities I would just go with the xcelerator standard which includes tunes up to 225hp. Anything more than that and you will be needing a built trans. My buddy has a 07 Duramax and before goin to efi live he had a PPE and on his stock trans i think he ran a 14.0 in the 1/4.

MINK

Reaction score
If he doesnt have acces to a computer and just wants MPG and towing capabilities I would just go with the xcelerator standard which includes tunes up to 225hp. Anything more than that and you will be needing a built trans. My buddy has a 07 Duramax and before goin to efi live he had a PPE and on his stock trans i think he ran a 14.0 in the 1/4.

I have a friend who did 14.0 all stock with just a Diablo sport tune - CC/SB 4x4

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
im going with a PPE, idk if yall are still trying to convince me on track times-or if you're just discussing. but like i said. he doesnt care about power.

i dont care if we make a discussion out of others. thatll be cool to hear a little more about what setups do what on those trucks. just saying where the thread was geared towards

alwil

Reaction score
im going with a PPE, idk if yall are still trying to convince me on track times-or if you're just discussing. but like i said. he doesnt care about power.

i dont care if we make a discussion out of others. thatll be cool to hear a little more about what setups do what on those trucks. just saying where the thread was geared towards

The same friend had a PPE for a month......he said they make crazy power and when he set it too high it would suck his fuel rail empty.
A good tuner if your going to go farther than just the basic mods.

Latest posts

Members online