Dynatrac ball joints and free spin kit

BKOESTER26

Reaction score
Does anyone have these or have used these in the past? looking to redo ball joints and want to get quality ball joints. Everything i read seems these are the cats ass of ball joints. Wondering if its true? also the free spin kit is it worth the 2500 asking price?

Attachments

• 0912_8l_15_+dynatrac_heavy_duty_prosteer_ball_joint_install+prosteer_ball_joints.jpg
    0912_8l_15_+dynatrac_heavy_duty_prosteer_ball_joint_install+prosteer_ball_joints.jpg
    965.8 KB · Views: 87
  • freespin_featureimage.2(1).jpg
    freespin_featureimage.2(1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 68

Snake

Reaction score
I have the ball joints and yeah, they're definitely worth it. Top shelf product. Cary at CP Performance smoked everyone else's price.

Snake

Reaction score
I've had them for two years, and it probably wouldn't be fair for me to post what I paid after this much time has passed. Though for what it's worth, Cary also had the best price on Powerslot cryo rotors and EBC pads.

Just looked at my first post and autocorrect screwed me. It's CT Performance.

http://www.ctperformanceinc.com

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score
I would skip the free spin kit if your truck is an 05 and newer.

I have the ball joints, bought them for 550 several years ago. I think they are more now and they are pretty much a set price everywhere, or at least they are supposed to be.

If you are running big tires then it is worth it, might not be if you are running stock or smaller tires. I have seen a set fail for someone running 38's so they are not as indestructible as I thought LOL.

Layson

Reaction score
Skip the wheel bearing kits then. You don't need them. What size tires are you running?

No I have never rebuilt them. The housing was wallowed out so they couldn't be rebuilt.

BKOESTER26

Reaction score
i have 35x12.5x20 nitto grapplers. So the free spin hubs i take it arent worth it. The ball joints are well worth the purchase and a way better quality then moog or the rest of the pack?

william_ace

Reaction score
I'm curious about that as well, OP. I have an 04 so I may benefit from the free spin kit, but I would never pay that price tag. Yowza.

Layson

Reaction score
i have 35x12.5x20 nitto grapplers. So the free spin hubs i take it arent worth it. The ball joints are well worth the purchase and a way better quality then moog or the rest of the pack?

For 35's I would skip it. I would think it would kind of be a waste for you to do that entire setup for 35's.

But the dynatrac ball joints should be better then stock joints. You could buy a lot of stock ball joints for that price and they don't go out that often with 35's.

I'm curious about that as well, OP. I have an 04 so I may benefit from the free spin kit, but I would never pay that price tag. Yowza.

There are positives and negatives to the free spin kits. It definitely helps the older axles. But I have to tell you it is nice to have stock wheel bearings as well, you can go get a new one anywhere and they usually have them in stock. You can go buy an extra one and have it with you and they are pretty simple to change out.

Layson

Reaction score
Yeah the wheel bearings are bigger in the newer axles and don't have the issues that the older axles have.

Latest posts

Members online