Dyno/ Live tuning

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I know there are plenty of great threads about dyno/ live tuning. I don't mind driving to a reputable shop for a live tune, but who wants to drive forever for a tune?..

Below are the shops and distance from my location:

Swamps = 330 miles (5 hours 15 minutes)
Dyno Proven = 445 miles (7 hours)
PHP = 600 miles (9 hours 15 minutes)
Gearhead = 1,020 miles (16 hours)

Which location would you go with? Are there any locations closer to Indianapolis?

Spatel23

Reaction score
By the looks of your signature you havent spared much expense on your motor so why wouldnt you pick which one you feel the most comfortable with and just go.

To answer your question, if it was me, that would be Gearhead.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
By the looks of your signature you havent spared much expense on your motor so why wouldnt you pick which one you feel the most comfortable with and just go.

To answer your question, if it was me, that would be Gearhead.

Honestly, that was my thought. I loved my old PHP tunes, but had a bad experience with their customer service.

Matt @ Gearhead seems to really know his stuff. A 16 hour drive for tunes would have to turn into a mini-vacation to make it worth the trip!

Last edited:

MossBack

Reaction score
Justin struckman is very close to you. I would talk with him before you drove 16 hrs for live tunes. He goes by power-stuck and he should have his dyno in by now.

quhaqy7a.jpg

Moss Diesel Service

Last edited:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
We have worked with dynoproven for years now and they know how to tune for our injectors. Believe it or not injectors are just as different as tuners. Get two that don't know each other well and you can leave a lot on the table.

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Justin struckman is very close to you. I would talk with him before you drove 16 hrs for live tunes. He goes by power-stuck and he should have his dyno in by now.

quhaqy7a.jpg

Moss Diesel Service

I would give Power-Struck a call to see if he can meet your needs. He it Verry nice on the phone and verry helpful. Also verry close to you compaired to the other locations you posted.

Tom S

Reaction score
Get yourself a group of guys together and host a live tuning session. I have done a few of those and they are fun.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I know there are plenty of great threads about dyno/ live tuning. I don't mind driving to a reputable shop for a live tune, but who wants to drive forever for a tune?..

Below are the shops and distance from my location:

Swamps = 330 miles (5 hours 15 minutes)
Dyno Proven = 445 miles (7 hours)
PHP = 600 miles (9 hours 15 minutes)
Gearhead = 1,020 miles (16 hours)

Which location would you go with? Are there any locations closer to Indianapolis?

You are not going to regret any of those options. The beauty of live tuning is the ability to perfect something given enough time. As long as there are not mechanical issues, all of those tuners have the ability to make it as close to perfect as possible.
Emailed tunes provide a internet phenomena that some tuners suck and other are great, honestly the guys doing this professionally are all great. Given enough time in the passenger seat your truck will be DIALED IN.

That being said call each one of them and see what kind of service you get in an attempt to make an appointment. That might go a long ways to making your decision.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah sucks down here, well there's pela in west Palm and quick tricks in Miami

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Neither have a rep with 7.3's.

I have tried many times. Everyone wants to do it until it comes time to fork up the dough.

Tough to find customers willing to get it done? Damn around here we have people that beg for live tuning.

We had Tony and Bill out here last month and they tuned non stop all weekend long!
Amazing how different some parts of the country are!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Get yourself a group of guys together and host a live tuning session. I have done a few of those and they are fun.

I've tried, everyone want to get lived tuned and when it's time to make the commitment (deposit) the excuses come out.

I have tried many times. Everyone wants to do it until it comes time to fork up the dough.

x2

What's the usual cost involved

Usually mininum $500.

Most have no problem dropping more money on go fast parts but when it comes to tuning/safety/brakes, they don't want to spend money.

Once you get live tuned, you never go back.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
My truck has ALWAYS run hot no matter what, wonder of live tuning would fix that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.