Dyno?

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting my truck on the dyno at a local shop. This will be my first time to ever deal with one. Anything I should know? Any setting I should make on the H&S? (Defuel Settings) Etc. Any help is appreciated!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
make sure your speed limiter is set pretty high, these things get some high wheel speed. Dyno in overdrive

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Do you have any custom tuning done? If not then you could probably look up what your truck will make. I put mine on the dyno and it wasnt all that exciting. Plus it'll save you a few bucks. But if you have something you think will give it more power than by all means.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I'm just running the .31 can tune. But thinking about getting the SPE tune. I saw on here where guys were talking about 500 rwhp with just the tune. I'd like to see if I could reach that to kind of give me a base on where I'm starting at with my truck before I start getting into it and putting add ons on it.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I think alot of people would be excited to see what the spe tune will do on the dyno. What setup is your truck? Crew cab short box? And what size tires?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I'm just running the .31 can tune. But thinking about getting the SPE tune. I saw on here where guys were talking about 500 rwhp with just the tune. I'd like to see if I could reach that to kind of give me a base on where I'm starting at with my truck before I start getting into it and putting add ons on it.

I would love to see what the .31 does compared to the SPE tune, on the same truck. Every truck and every dyno will be a little bit different. I think its worth putting it on the rollers even if you don't get the SPE tune. Make sure you get the dyno graphs from the runs as well and post them up

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Crew can short box, running stock tires. MBRP 4" straight, Egr block off, S&B intake. Running factory tires and wheels. I'll try to get a video as well

Rowdy

Reaction score
I Dynoed mine with the H&S .30 tunes a couple weeks ago and it made 517HP 1026Tq. Running 35" tires on 20" BMF's, 5" MBRP exhaust, Stage 2 AFE intake. Curious to see what the SPE tune puts down.

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I Dynoed mine with the H&S .30 tunes a couple weeks ago and it made 517HP 1026Tq. Running 35" tires on 20" BMF's, 5" MBRP exhaust, Stage 2 AFE intake. Curious to see what the SPE tune puts down.

What should I have my defuel settings at? And should I load the tune with LBF on level 5?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Put lbf on 1. It should help it load better on the dyno with out dumping so much fuel at it. I would turn off most of the defies. Maybe set the egt if you want but set it high 1550+

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Rowdy

Reaction score
What should I have my defuel settings at? And should I load the tune with LBF on level 5?

I turned off all my defuel settings except coolant and it is set at 220*F. That's how mine stays but I am good about watching my gauges when I am hammering on it. If your not comfortable doing that defiantly turn the EGT up pretty high mine hit 1475*F when it was dynoed. I run my LBF at 3 but I don't think it will make much of a difference on a dyno run because the turbo is already spooled up. I do know that 3 helps the turbo lite up quicker than 1 or 2 from idle. Of course 5 is the best but I don't like that much smoke. So 3 is the happy medium for me. Keep us updated. :rockon:

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
Dyno is set for Tuesday morning at 930. I have 3 pulls scheduled which I planned on with the .31 tune. I told them I am considering 3 more with then SPE tune. My question how easy or hard would it be to switch between the 2? Ordered my MCC, SPE hot x tune, triple gauge pillar, and full diff lock kit this afternoon from SPE. Like I mentioned earlier, this is my first time ever messing with a dyno also my first diesel. So I'm new to all of this!

Powell

Reaction score
Do you know what brand Dyno you will be using?

I have SPE Hot X with a AFE 4" Delete and Magnaflow 4" Straight pipe; and an AFE replacement filter. I have my motor from my Porsche sitting pretty much right in front of the rollers for the last few weeks so I can't use the dyno.

I'll try and get results myself with .31 vs SPE soon enough on our Dynojet 248.

What gear are people dynoing the trucks in?

Rowdy

Reaction score
On the 6.7's they are doing a 5th gear pull. It's not hard to switch between tunes once you have the SPE tunes loaded on your SD card it is just a matter of using the menu button on the mini max then hit install down load and it will ask you a series of questions then say select H&S tuning or custom tuning then select file and you select the SPE and it takes about 5 minutes of downloading engine and tranny.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Just dynod mine today!
7ygata8u.jpg

Two stock and one on performance

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Not to bad, thats where I figured the H&S canned tunes would be. I still really want to see the SPE tunes on the dyne. Hopefully the OP will get them on the rollers. You can tell there is just not enough air and fuel with these motors how they fall off at higher RPMs instead of having a flat or rising curve.

Latest posts

Members online