E40D Transmission

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
Broke my transmission over the weekend, but its kinda weird so I was gonna check with everyone here and see if they had advice before I pulled it, Again.

Went racing 2 weeks ago and got the transmission up to about 240 degrees for 2 or 3 runs down the track. Drove it home never skipped a beat worked fine. So I was gonna go dirt drag racing Sat. night. Did not want to over heat again so i installed a double stack cooler with fan in the bed and redid all the lines with #6 hose, fittings, Check valve(it is installed the right direction) and changed the fluild in the pan. drove it around sat morning no problems took it down a back road to make some test runs, built up the boost and took off fine hit 2nd and acted like it went in to neutral. Now i only have 1st and reverse. Both work fine. O/D light is not flashing. Just sounds like some stupid little problem that I might be able to fix while its still in the truck. Any ideas??

mattman347

Reaction score
You could have something in the accumulator body hanging up, pull it down and see if the valves all move like they should wit a pick. I had mine give me trouble but it turned out to be a hard part in the trans itself.

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
Right now I'm debating on rebuilding my tranny for the 3rd time or buying a BTS or Twisted Diesel tranny and hope it lasts longer than a year.:cursing:

Latest posts

Members online