E4OD service/rebuild manual?

birdco85

Reaction score
So I am seriously considering biting the bullet and attempting to rebuild this thing. But since I'm not completely set on doing it, I would like to see the rebuild manual to see if it's something I can tackle. without knowing what is completely involved I feel like I will be able to do it. I'm having trouble wanting to spend 5k on a BTS or JW when I didn't even spend that much on the truck. I know I would be paying for the warranty though which is a huge factor as well.

Although, I have called BTS and they were more than helpful, even spoke with Brian after the first guy I spoke with didn't know the answer. I've also called and emailed JW multiple times with no reply, leaving me questioning his services. It kinda sucks because I live about an hour from JW so shipping wouldn't be involved (I'll pick it up) and if something ever happened I'll load the truck on the flatbed and tow it there with my old mans. I would love to go through JW though due to locational convenience. I know everyone says he is worth the wait but that wait would be hard to deal with if my truck is broke down.

So, does anyone out there in PSA land have a pdf version of the rebuild manual that they would like to email me? I would gladly pay a fee if desired, I just don't want to spend $50 on a manual that I'm still not 100% on using.

Not sure which rebuild kit either, I've been looking at the PATC level 4 kit, everything you need plus the steel planetaries and all the upgrades, billet 3 disk, blah blah for $1500. I've also heard that their converters use PI internals. Any other thoughts? I have no issues with the truck being being down for a while since it's not my dd and thought it would be cool to say "I rebuilt the tranny."

Sent from my RAZR because I told it to...

Latest posts

Members online