E99 Injectors...

444getsitdone

Reaction score
Hey guys I know this info is out there but after looking to no avail Ima just ask. I know that E99's take the AB (I think spit shot?) injectors, my question is what about cyl 8? does it take a different one like the later ones do or are all 8 the same? Its a California model if that changes anything..
Thanks Guys

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Should all be AB codes. However, I have seen 2 E99's that have an AE in #8. Not sure why though. Pull the VC on the drivers side to confirm. You will see the code on the injector solenoid.

Are you wanting to replace, or are you just wondering?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Apparently it's not as big a deal as most think. We get sets back all the time that customers pull out with a little bit of everything.

444getsitdone

Reaction score
OK cool, thanks guys!
Should all be AB codes. However, I have seen 2 E99's that have an AE in #8. Not sure why though. Pull the VC on the drivers side to confirm. You will see the code on the injector solenoid.

Are you wanting to replace, or are you just wondering?
Possibly, I know all the Injectors are hitting (somewhat) but it runs a little rough throughout all RPMs. Sounds ok to my ears but at idle it shakes the Stick shifter and when I rev it up to 1000-1200 rpm it intensifies teh shifter shaking ;), higher than that and it still is rough but revving too high to shake that much. :p I know my wiring is good so I'm going to do a CCT and Buzz soon to see if I need one or more replaced. The ones in it now only have about 140,000 miles but are 8 years old and I'm not sure if they are of good quality... May also do a Compression test..

Carolina444

Reaction score
Apparently it's not as big a deal as most think. We get sets back all the time that customers pull out with a little bit of everything.

The set of cores I sent you out of my e99 was a mix of everything.. My 230/100's are awesome and I can't wait to get a good charger on them.
Thanks

444getsitdone

Reaction score
Ran Accross this thread, forgot about it... I did do a compression test today. All were 350 to 365 with the exception of cylinder 3 at 340 PSI. Still within about 7% of each other. I had it running without the VC's on and while watching scangauge with Mass Fuel Desired (MFD) I unplugged them one at a time. Hovering around 6.5 Mg per Stroke and when I unplugged one it would go around 8.0 maybe slightly less, except for 6 and 8, they were not hitting as hard. The numbers for them was more in the high 6's to low low 7's with injector 5 hitting only a little harder... I did notice that Injector 8 said LL on it and was the only reman, its been replaced the latest back in 2010 trying to get it to pass smog here is cali... All that and I dont remember seeing if they were AB injectors :p Would I be better off replacing 5 6 8 injectors or just replacing them all, the injectors are all 9 years old (No 8 is 5) but only have about 150K miles on them. I know 6 and 8 fight for fuel but at idle they're not in need of much flow and I didnt think it would make them both weak as much as just make 8 be weird....? Thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

mandkole

Reaction score
They're old enough and too many good options today to not pull them all and get into a nice single shot.

444getsitdone

Reaction score
I have been leaning toward new ones. Say I did go with single shots, how would tuning for them work out? I live in Cali and therefore need to smog her every other year. what complications does it add to that side of the coin? I know they can't see the injectors but wouldn't the tuning come up when they plug into the PCM?

Latest posts