e99 smokes and misses

Milford

Reaction score
Ok this truck has a p0275 for a balance fault on number 5 cylinder. Took the injector out and swapped with #3 which is good and still same thing. #5 balance fault. The harness ohms out fine and within .1 ohm for each injector from the valve cover gaskets main harness. I am going to check the main harness on the truck today and see what that brings but does anybody else have some suggestions? I checked blow by the simple way with the oil fill cap and its pretty minimal especially for what this truck is. That's the only code in getting on this thing. Any help would be great!

Southmike

Reaction score
http://www.justanswer.com/ford/3qgh6-p0275-code-iknow-fix.html

I would say good start by moving the injector...since your problem did not follow the injector.
rough guess would be keep looking.

The harness would be my next movable item..
maybe swap them...a pain in the keester but free as long as you dont break any clips.

After that looks like hard parts.
Iwould search up the harbor freight compression tester mod.

One comment that bothered me was cylinder five does not get as much coolant as the others. There were several trucks with cyl five po275 codes in search. but few updates with fixes other then bad injectors.

Keep us posted.

Milford

Reaction score
Will do. One other thing is the long hard starts with this truck. I mean crank it like 10 seconds to get it to fire. Really long cranks even compared to my 03 that I know the hpop is really weak on

Latest posts

Members online