Early 99 Custom Tunes

RNicol

Reaction score
I have an early 99 PSD and i'm running a TS 6 pos chip w/ stock TS tunes. Just kind of looking to upgrade to something a little better, but I'm not sure what to go with...

golfer

Reaction score
Jonathan's (Swamp's) daily driver is an E99...and he took quite some time updating our tuning offerings for customers not wanting to swap to the L99 PCM...

over the last couple of years, he has written dozens of tunes with various injector & turbo configurations...including stock/stock.

JDub

Reaction score
I kept the XLE pcm in my early 99 and ran tunes from Jody at DP Tuner. Truck ran and shifted great on the street. Cale at Tyrant Diesel has a pretty good handle on those early 99 pcms as well.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I used to run jody's tunes. I didn't really like how it ran, idle issues, trans issues. I swapped to a 422 pcm, now running swamps tunes. I like them a lot better. Shifts and runs great. Not nearly as smokey either. Also I have a cruise control light now :D

MINK

Reaction score
I like Beans tunes, drove my friends 01 and e99, both had great power over the ts basics. I always ran php on my 02 though.

4cstr

Reaction score
I have an early 99 PSD and i'm running a TS 6 pos chip w/ stock TS tunes. Just kind of looking to upgrade to something a little better, but I'm not sure what to go with...

Honestly...the best thing you can do is upgrade to a PMT box. I had an XLE1 box on my early 99. I had Jody's tunes, TS tunes and Powerstroke Racer tunes. They were all really good, but once I put the PMT1 pcm into the truck...it just ran so much better. The shifts are better, and you don't get that shift flare that the XLE boxes are known for.

stroker2

Reaction score
I have swamps tuning on my truck and am very happy with them. A buddy of mine who is also on psa (Fly By Night) has an e99 with a 6spd and swamps hooked him up with a arn good set of tunes as well. Very smooth, run well, clean up good, and good mileage. If you have an auto trans, i had dp tuner on my old 01 with the auto and i LOVED those tunes. They have some good tranny tuning

Latest posts

Members online