easy 71mm install

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Ok so I when to install my 71mm turbo the other day and decided that I would follow another members wright up (was really wrll written with pictures) and as I was diving in head first I found a way to cut the install timr by about 70% , ok so here it goes , remover intake from turbo to air box, remove oil lines, hold down clamps remove bolts that hold vgt actuator and the four bolts that hold the fuel cooler so you can get some play on the high side I also unbolted the up pipes from the manifolds. Ok now with all that done I removed the cross tube from lp to hp turbo and also poped the passenger side up pipe off the studs on the mani. For a bit more wiggle room . Ok now to have you mind blown , get a pry bar lift up the turbos from under the hp side might need four hand s to do this becarfull of other hard wear that might be around once you have some clearince you can remkve the v band clamp that hold the compessor side to the exhaust side on you lp turbo and slide out the comperssor housing. Bang its out no need to separate the turbos just reinstall the modified compessor making sure its in straight and tight and you back on the road in abou an 1 1/2 -2 hrs . I might have left out a few small thing s but its not rocket surgery just be care full and put it too the wood .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so I when to install my 71mm turbo the other day and decided that I would follow another members wright up (was really wrll written with pictures) and as I was diving in head first I found a way to cut the install timr by about 70% , ok so here it goes , remover intake from turbo to air box, remove oil lines, hold down clamps remove bolts that hold vgt actuator and the four bolts that hold the fuel cooler so you can get some play on the high side I also unbolted the up pipes from the manifolds. Ok now with all that done I removed the cross tube from lp to hp turbo and also poped the passenger side up pipe off the studs on the mani. For a bit more wiggle room . Ok now to have you mind blown , get a pry bar lift up the turbos from under the hp side might need four hand s to do this becarfull of other hard wear that might be around once you have some clearince you can remkve the v band clamp that hold the compessor side to the exhaust side on you lp turbo and slide out the comperssor housing. Bang its out no need to separate the turbos just reinstall the modified compessor making sure its in straight and tight and you back on the road in abou an 1 1/2 -2 hrs . I might have left out a few small thing s but its not rocket surgery just be care full and put it too the wood .

i would be really careful putting a pry bar under anything turbo related. those are machined surfaces that could result in a leak.

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Wasnt useing it agenst any machined surface I was initially trying to get it up off the drains untill I had a better idea

Latest posts

Members online