EBP sensor relocation and an Elbow question

hoosierdiesel

Reaction score
Well I just finished up draining the water and cleaning out EBP tube. I've seen a few posts on removing that egr cross over pipe but nothing in depth. It looks like it may be possible to remove it cab on . I am curious as to why that isnt removed when you do the EGR delete. The pipe has no purpose once the egr is deleted... So who has removed that pipe? Were you able to do it cab on?

Also one you move the block off plate up top there and tap in a port to relocate the sensor can you use the whole tube or should I shorted it up? This may have been covered somewhere but in my search on here, the .org, and the nation I couldnt find anything good.

Secondly I'm ready to do the CAC pipe and elbow. There is quite a bit of stuff on the stock elbow. Is all of that completely removed? I know about the egr valve and related junk. But is that all egr related on the stock elbow? Sorry for the long post and I appreciate your help.

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
I tapped into the block off plate and used the same tube.. you can bend it in any direction you like..
As for the elbow, yes you remove the stock one completely and replace it with the aftermarket elbow.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
If you cut the pipe, it'll come out a lot easier with the cab on. Without cutting it, removal isn't fun. But I have done it before.

b158b283.jpg

8e95e864.jpg

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Also one you move the block off plate up top there and tap in a port to relocate the sensor can you use the whole tube or should I shorted it up? This may have been covered somewhere but in my search on here, the .org, and the nation I couldnt find anything good.

Secondly I'm ready to do the CAC pipe and elbow. There is quite a bit of stuff on the stock elbow. Is all of that completely removed? I know about the egr valve and related junk. But is that all egr related on the stock elbow? Sorry for the long post and I appreciate your help.
You use the full length tube. Just tweak it to fit.

And yes all the stuff on the elbow are just EGR related and can be removed. Just tuck the unneeded connectors out of the way/sight.

randy_4life

Reaction score
don't mean to sound stupid but I jus had my EGR deleted with a sinister kit with intake elbow and im curious is this EBP tube/sensor jus sitting in egr cross over pipe that should idealy removed after a EGR delete? is useful to the truck to be hooked up by modding the EGR delete plate and hooking up the EBP tube?

hoosierdiesel

Reaction score
don't mean to sound stupid but I jus had my EGR deleted with a sinister kit with intake elbow and im curious is this EBP tube/sensor jus sitting in egr cross over pipe that should idealy removed after a EGR delete? is useful to the truck to be hooked up by modding the EGR delete plate and hooking up the EBP tube?

Yes, I think the pipe should be removed during the delete. If you live in a cold climate I would recommend removing the cross over pipe and modding the plate to hold the sensor and tube up on top on the up pipes.

91turbogsx

Reaction score

I have saw a few trucks where the crossover pipe has developed cracks or the bellow blows out after an EGR delete. Since it isn't supported as well as it once was. So you'd be getting rid of a potential exhaust leaks.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The EGR tube bellow blew on my truck after the EGR delete. Not fun getting that cross over pipe out, but if I was going to delete another 6.4 it would be cut out also. I dont see how you acn get that pipe out in one piece with cab down without taking a bunch of stuff off.

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
So let you take the block plate off from down by the exhaust manifold and move up to the top and there will be no exhaust exit from the bottom on?

If iam correct on this what size is that fitting you have in there?

Latest posts

Members online