Eco tunes for unladen long distance highway mpg's

KingRanch6.4

Reaction score
Was reading some older posts about trying to find an eco tune for low rpm shifts/lockup and better highway econ. I am running Gearhead's race tune for spirited daily driving and love it, but on my long highway trips I would like to get back to those 25-30 mpgs (dash calc'd) I used to get with a preloaded 6.4 tune on my SCT Livewire TS programmer.

Has any one mastered this? Matt himself perhaps? Sorry if it's already covered... Newb here.

Derkperk

Reaction score
What do you mean? I can see 30 on there too?? LOL
If you are cruising highways, you should be locked up and making minimal boost. The best results I have found is my hottest tune. My extreme x from Eric will get me 18-18.5, hand calc, doing 75. Just go easy on the on ramps. This is with my 6.0 but not sure why that would matter.

johnp115

Reaction score
I stay on race tune it works best for me.

They dash is way off

Even if mine says 21 when I'm on the highway I hand calculate it and I actually get 18ish hwy

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
What do you mean? I can see 30 on there too?? LOL
If you are cruising highways, you should be locked up and making minimal boost. The best results I have found is my hottest tune. My extreme x from Eric will get me 18-18.5, hand calc, doing 75. Just go easy on the on ramps. This is with my 6.0 but not sure why that would matter.

honestly couldn't tell you why, but 6.4's seem to be 1-2mpg off of a similarly config'd 6.0

Derkperk

Reaction score
Oh for sure. I get the mileage difference between the 2 engines but guessing the hot tune theory is the same.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I don't mean to derail but before I did my stud/cam work my dash use to say 18 mpg around town all day. Now it reads 14.5-15 mpg. Anyone else experience this?

KingRanch6.4

Reaction score
Honestly just find a tractor trailer that's hauling ass and stay behind him. I love drafting them. Major difference in mpgs. Practically no wind drag.

This Mishimoto CAC and Rad are too purdy to be following rigs around eating their rooster tails of flack off the hwy. :)

Latest posts

Members online