Edge causing vehicle to stall

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
My dad bought an Edge EvoHT2 at the beginning of this month. 4 times now the truck has stalled on him when driving.

The truck stalls when he gets on it to pass someone. First couple times he pulled over to check on things and can not see or hear anything out of the ordinary. Truck starts up right away if you cycle the key off then back on.

Last time it stalled he kept coasting, put in neutral and then started it up and kept going. Luckily he does not tow anything and is able to safely slow the vehicle down and control it to a stop without power steering or brakes.

He has had enough of it and is going to return the tuner. Truck is now set back to stock.

All this happened on the highest setting, I believe he said its a 80 hp setting?

Im curious if anyone else has experienced this issue? What is happening to cause it to just quit on him? Is he damaging the motor?

Truck is a 2011 F350 4x4, 27K miles. All stock except for the tuner.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I know nothing about the 6.7 platform so if there is something I should check or have him look into please let me know.

Should he stay away from the tuner all together and go a different route?

What are the best options for the 6.7? Is a monitoring unit something people invest in with these trucks? Im not familiar with what the dash offers for gauges...

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Much better options out there than Edge tuning. I'm assuming his truck is stock other than the tuning?

I would go for stock emission tuning from one of the custom tuners.

Have him contact Mike at No Limit.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Ok ill look into other tuners for him.

Im a bit surprised no one else has experienced this issue. Makes me think somethings wrong with the truck and not the tuner...

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Was he running d p f on or off tuning? If it was on tuning, it is possible that he was loading up the d p f and choking the truck. I'm not sure if 6.7 off tuning is even offered for an edge device. I haven't seen anyone else running an edge tuner on a 6.7 which probably explains why it isn't a common issue. Call Mike and he can explain your options.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Ok ill look into other tuners for him.

Im a bit surprised no one else has experienced this issue. Makes me think somethings wrong with the truck and not the tuner...

Is the Edge also a monitor? Almost sounds like the low pressure pump going out. My truck had that problem for a few weeks before the dealership was able to get it to do it for them (warranty).

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Was he running d p f on or off tuning? If it was on tuning, it is possible that he was loading up the d p f and choking the truck. I'm not sure if 6.7 off tuning is even offered for an edge device. I haven't seen anyone else running an edge tuner on a 6.7 which probably explains why it isn't a common issue. Call Mike and he can explain your options.

A buddy mentioned the D P F also and said the same thing. Truck is 100% stock so all that emissions junk is still on it. Ill ask if there was an on or off option when he was loading the tune.

Is the Edge also a monitor? Almost sounds like the low pressure pump going out. My truck had that problem for a few weeks before the dealership was able to get it to do it for them (warranty).

No it is not a monitor. It a plug an play device. Load the tune then remove. I think he is just out of warranty now.

Are the low pressure pumps a known issue?

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I have used *** on tunes. To me they really aren't worth it. They fuel so lightly on the bottom end that I didn't think they were really worth it

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
A buddy mentioned the D P F also and said the same thing. Truck is 100% stock so all that emissions junk is still on it. Ill ask if there was an on or off option when he was loading the tune.

No it is not a monitor. It a plug an play device. Load the tune then remove. I think he is just out of warranty now.

Are the low pressure pumps a known issue?

Give us a call man. Much better tuning options than what he's using

Latest posts

Members online