Edge CS installed

04cr450

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing an edge CS2 with egt sensor. Playing around with it- what pids do you guys monitor majority of the time besides egts?
Looking at the rail pressure, injector timing etc- not exactly sure what I am looking for as far as "in spec" numbers. Is there a cheat sheet on the board here where I can read off what psi's, temperatures etc should be at to the 6.7 operating specs?

95cobby

Reaction score
Sub'd.. Interested in knowing some of the values around fuel pressure, at the rail and at the filter under the hood.

I'm looking to pick up a CTS2 from Mike here shortly but on my X4 I monitor IAT, ECT, boost, voltage, load, fuel rate, and couple others to fill up the space lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxc

Reaction score
I monitor oil temp , trans temp , EGT, boost , rail pressure, fuel inj qty, gear and tc lock . For the most part coolant temp , trans temp and oil temp all like to be around 200F once it's warmed up . Depending on tune boost with Midwest race tune is about 40 psi max, rail pressure is around 20 kpsi cruising 30 kpsi max. I've noticed Midwest tunes run higher rail pressure at cruise. Timing is usually near 0 , when u get into it can be as far as 14 degrees on a race tune at higher rpm. Low system fuel pressure is not available on cts2 , I really wish it was. It comes up on Forscan though and it's around 80 to 90 psi even at WOT. Fuel temp would be nice too on the cts , maybe they will add it soon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just didn't kow what are the "in spec" numbers for these pids- mainly rail pressure , injector timing, etc.
I would think they will add more pids as time goes on, check for updates via fusion software and do updates. hopefully the latest updates will have that new lpfp pid.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Yea i talked with Edge a few weeks ago and they still cannot read the oem egt sensor on the 15 and up trucks.. There is one there on the passenger up pipe but the signal must be illusive.. haha

04cr450

Reaction score
If the truck is stock.. then the edge can read all the egt sensors just not in the exhaust manifold.
You need to by the edge egt sensor with the monitor to read pre turbo temps. It will fit in the block off plate, just remove the adapter that comes in the ****** kit on that block off plate.

04cr450

Reaction score
I know where it is I just had a massive brain fart that's all.. if it is the same thread diameter as where the block off plate is than the edge sensor will not fit it as the oem tread diameter is larger. They will get it figured out.

Last edited:

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Lol, its all good. The techs i spoke with were unaware of the sensor and actually contacted the r&d dept and they took my information when i asked to be notified when they make that functional..

Latest posts

Members online