Edge CTS issue

JamesPyles

Reaction score
I returned my CTS back to stock to do oil cooler and egr delete, due to disconnecting batteries, not sure if you have to but I did. Anyway I plugged it back in and now it only stays on stock level. I've tried loading different levels but it will not, just stays on stock. Anyone had this problem? If so what is the fix?

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Yep. Doesn't have the needed firmware to tune a truck. Edge just used the same format as the actual tuners that can do programming.

JamesPyles

Reaction score
It's a tuner sorry, I have 4 power levels on it. Returned it back to stock level and now it woulnt run any level except stock.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I believe the unit should have a separate module that plugs inline with it if it is an Edge with Attitude or whatever they call it now. If there is no module, there is no tuning.

If you are confident you have the "tunable" unit, I would start off by checking all of your wire connections. Something you may have unplugged to do the cooler/EGR....

My business partner stupidly flooded his Attitude module when he did a coolant flush, fried the whole darn thing, truck wouldn't even start.

JamesPyles

Reaction score
No module that I can see but it's definitely the tune able CTS, I had it in stage 2 prior to the work I did. Put it back on stock an it stays there. All gauges work like normal. Hmm might have to call edge today when I get off. How did he flood it doing a coolant flush? Mine will start and run fine just can't load stage 2 back:/. I've check all wireing but will double check that today as well

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
FYI I recently bought an Edge CTS Insight and installed it with the EAS EGT probe. When I first installed it, the CTS would not recognize the EGT probe. I ran inside with the CTS, did the firmware update and all is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be running a edge tuner on a 6.0L unless u like replacing trannys

This is also true. However my business partner has been running an edge unit for at least 4 years, his trans is now on its way out. ONLY now he took my advise and bought an SCT tuner. Hind sight is 20/20...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.