edge evolution race tuner

punkrockford

Reaction score
I have recently come across a pretty good deal on an edge evolution race programmer. After reading up on it, it seems like a pretty good programmer. I can eliminate the dpf and it has a few power level tunes. the part I like the most is because I have a 6.4l it will also read egt's with out having to install a thermocouple in the exhaust manifold. Ford did it from the factory. Is this thing any good or should I keep looking. keep in mind I am not interested in crazy power numbers. I just want to get rid of the dpf so the truck will last longer and the extra power wont hurt but I will never set it on the high hp tunes.????? any advise would be great, thanks guys

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
I ha e one that i use for extra gauges. The canned tunes suck...especially if you have an auto tranny. There is a power increase, but its not worth it. Only reason I even have it is because it came with the truck, and only reason I am keeping it is beacause of the gauges and code reading. Get something else, h&s, spartan, sct etc...

01PSD

Reaction score
Stick with what's been proven to work; SCT, Spartan, or H&S. Custom tunes are the ONLY way to go, Spartan of course is not custom I guess you could say but they're proven tunes.

superduty6.4

Reaction score
I have recently come across a pretty good deal on an edge evolution race programmer. After reading up on it, it seems like a pretty good programmer. I can eliminate the dpf and it has a few power level tunes. the part I like the most is because I have a 6.4l it will also read egt's with out having to install a thermocouple in the exhaust manifold. Ford did it from the factory. Is this thing any good or should I keep looking. keep in mind I am not interested in crazy power numbers. I just want to get rid of the dpf so the truck will last longer and the extra power wont hurt but I will never set it on the high hp tunes.????? any advise would be great, thanks guys

I ran one for 35,000 kms with no issues but after deciding to delete the EGR I had to upgrade. Like I said though it worked great for the whole time I used it. I ran all the tunes and don't have anything bad to say about it.

punkrockford

Reaction score
i think edge may have been pressured by the epa as well. the race stuff is not even on there website anymore. as far as the custom tune deal. if i am not looking for crazy power do i just tell who ever does the custom tune what my truck is set up with and what i am looking for? all i want is 500hp at the wheels and a reliable tow rig and daily driver? what do you guys think is the best way to go about this?

punkrockford

Reaction score
So I guess the custom tune is the way to go, what would be the best route to go. sct h&s or spartan? and how do i go about getting custom tunes?

one2nine

Reaction score
Any of the big 3 above are a good start. Spartans tunes are custom to the 6.4. Innovative, gearhead, and kem are all great tuners for the other platforms as well.