Edge Insight CTS now reads FRP on 6.4L

BBottoms

Reaction score
For those of you that have a CTS on your 6.4L, it will now read the Fuel Rail Pressure, in ksi.

I noticed that if I told the CTS that I had a Dodge or Chevy it would read FRP but it was missing most of the other PIDs I'm used to on the 6.4L. I contacted Edge 2-3 weeks ago about this and let them know the PID would read, just not if I told it it was a Ford. They said they would put it on their to-do list and look into it. Never heard anything back, but updated my CTS a couple days ago and bam, there it is!

In the same email I also mentioned the desire for Exhaust Back Pressure, TC Slip and FRP desired, but evidently those didn't make it yet. They mentioned that they usually prioritize updates by how many people request them, so shoot them an email if you have a 6.4 and CTS and want more PIDs!

It's nice to have now, but still probably going to get one of the new LiveWire TS's once they update the PID list. I like the idea of 10 custom tunes and monitoring all in one unit instead of the CTS and LiveWire combo I've got now.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: I just sold my cts 5 days ago because it wouldnt monitor this parameter.

BBottoms

Reaction score
:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: I just sold my cts 5 days ago because it wouldnt monitor this parameter.

Yeah, I bought mine thinking I would save a couple hundred over a DashDaq then I realized how limited the PID list was for the 6.4Ls. The one time I didn't spend 3 weeks researching before making a purchase, like everything else I buy, and it came back and bit me. Looking forward to the LiveWire TS and what they offer with it.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
good news... what to do?

sct 3015 x3 and cts
SCT livewire
sct ts
sct 3015 x3 and dashdaq XL

Anyone know when sct ts will work on 6.4 offroad dpf?

Thanks,

Reaction score
I recommend the livewire over x3 due to software problems with the x3... But I'd still run the cts over a livewire monitor to monitor anyday! The livewire ts does look sweet but I don't know the answer to your question...

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
For those of you that have a CTS on your 6.4L, it will now read the Fuel Rail Pressure, in ksi.

I noticed that if I told the CTS that I had a Dodge or Chevy it would read FRP but it was missing most of the other PIDs I'm used to on the 6.4L. I contacted Edge 2-3 weeks ago about this and let them know the PID would read, just not if I told it it was a Ford. They said they would put it on their to-do list and look into it. Never heard anything back, but updated my CTS a couple days ago and bam, there it is!

In the same email I also mentioned the desire for Exhaust Back Pressure, TC Slip and FRP desired, but evidently those didn't make it yet. They mentioned that they usually prioritize updates by how many people request them, so shoot them an email if you have a 6.4 and CTS and want more PIDs!

It's nice to have now, but still probably going to get one of the new LiveWire TS's once they update the PID list. I like the idea of 10 custom tunes and monitoring all in one unit instead of the CTS and LiveWire combo I've got now.

I tried to update the CTS and still do not have FRP. Going to try to update again, am I missing something here? Also what should it read at idle and wot and maybe highway speeds?

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
up to date ??

5k idle
10k-15k cruising
24600 wot

Thanks, still nothing after updating... hmm Changed to dodge mod and i have FRP. Guess i can check it with that untill i can figure out how to get it on there.

How do you update the CTS? Plug the CTS into computer then click on the Fusion Software then it will just take it from there? Looked like it was updating but still nothing.

Version 3.5891.3025
V3.1
Lvl:0

BBottoms

Reaction score
Yep, all I did was run the fusion software for the update. Ill check my version number tomorrow when I get home.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Edge CTS Rocks

I also updated mine and dint have FRP for ford. :(

I have been talking with Edge and this is something they have in the works under :fordoval:. You can change over to dodge to see FRP.

In the email they said they would add it to my Fusion account so if you want it under Ford you need to email them and they should add it for you and then you need to update again, going to see if it works tonight.

They have the best customer service ever!!!

I also told them we would like to see some other common PID's like back pressure, tc slip etc.:popcorn:

BBottoms

Reaction score
I have been talking with Edge and this is something they have in the works under :fordoval:. You can change over to dodge to see FRP.

In the email they said they would add it to my Fusion account so if you want it under Ford you need to email them and they should add it for you and then you need to update again, going to see if it works tonight.

They have the best customer service ever!!!

I also told them we would like to see some other common PID's like back pressure, tc slip etc.:popcorn:

I didn't realize that they targeted specific accounts with the updates, I thought they just made the update to effect all 6.4Ls.

I guess the thread title should read "Edge Insight CTS now reads FRP on 6.4L if you ask for it" LOL

Last edited:

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
I didn't realize that they targeted specific accounts with the updates, I thought they just made the update to effect all 6.4Ls.

I guess the thread title should read "Edge Insight CTS now reads FRP on 6.4L if you ask for it" LOL

:toast:

F350

Reaction score
i emailed them and also asked for EBP too so hopefully we will get that also, thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Members online