EGR Block Off or ******?

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Block off or ******, which did you do and why?

My truck is a 2015, and I already have a block off kit uninstalled, but am curious what the difference is.

Thoughts?

Semper Fi,
Luke

JRLott

Reaction score
Depends on what you want. I didn't want to mess with draining and refilling the secondary system, nor have to fvck with the bolt in the rear that takes two extensions a wobble, a mirror, and a three armed gymnast to take it off. If you want a cleaner engine bay, take it off. Such is my opinion and thought process. I'm sure you'll have others shortly.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
This.

However when my factory warranty expires I'll pull it off to clean it up and get the Midwest piping kit. But I'm scared to have to return all that to stock if required. Much easier to just leave it until warranty is up. But I'm ready. Looks like a mess compared to the cleaned up bays

cappa

Reaction score
This.

However when my factory warranty expires I'll pull it off to clean it up and get the Midwest piping kit. But I'm scared to have to return all that to stock if required. Much easier to just leave it until warranty is up. But I'm ready. Looks like a mess compared to the cleaned up bays

X2 I just blocked mine in case I need to go back to stock for warranty issues. I think the only thing you gain with a full ****** is a little less weight and a cleaner engine bay thou.

mustardbucket107

Reaction score
I could be wrong but on the block off kits do you gain the plate to install the pyra pre-turbo? I ******d for the simple mind set of, if it's not being used why have it on there with coolant asti flowering through it, just another thing to go wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
I could be wrong but on the block off kits do you gain the plate to install the pyra pre-turbo?

Yes, though it might be an option or not depending on which brand kit you buy.

I ******d for the simple mind set of, if it's not being used why have it on there with coolant asti flowering through it, just another thing to go wrong.

True, and one I've heard before. Though what's gonna break? The exhaust side has been blocked coming and going. The coolant might start leaking, but should be less likely since it's not cooling exhaust gasses any more, and it's probably less prone to leaking than the primary radiator. JMO.

ETA: it also keeps the factory volume in the secondary system. Some of the d3lete guys have had boil over issues. One has had it pre, but not post d3lete. He's the odd one I've heard about. Not that either has anything to do with the other. It seems to be an unknown at this point.

Last edited:

cappa

Reaction score
Yeah you do have a pre turbo egt spot with the blocker plates but you can run them regardless of whether or not you remove the whole egr assembly.

Latest posts

Members online